1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Screen not working but I can still navigate

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Gymir, Jan 6, 2013.

1. Gymir

Gymir Lurker
    None

Jan 6, 2013
    My screen suddenly "died" on my brand new Ramos W30HD, I had installed a billiard game and my wifes niece played the game about 30min. My wife just turned of the screen and put the tablet away.

About 40min later I pressed the powerbutton and nothing happend, I thought I ran out of battery and put it into the charger. About 50min later I tried again, and still the same result.

I can take screenshots, unlock the tablet and navigate on the desktop, start games etc. (I took a bunch of screenshots to figure out what I was doing)

I can also connect it to my PC and it recognize it as a portable device.

I've tried everything I found on the Internet about reset but nothing happens now the battery is dead, gonna put it in the charger and see what happens..

What can be wrong?

Advertisement

2. Gymir

Gymir Lurker
    None

Jan 6, 2013
    Well, it didn't work..

I can hear the sound when it boots, but there should be a fancy ramos logo also, but the screen is still dead.

I hope ramos-tablet answer my mail I've sent soon.

3. Gymir

Gymir Lurker
    None

Jan 6, 2013
    It seems to be a lot of problems with the firmware. I haven't updated my tablet but there is a choice in the meny, I don't know if it can be automaticlly.

According to 蓝魔之家 (chinese forum) an upgrade might do it, but the google translate is not doing a great job.

Is there anyone here who tried to upgrade and know the procedure, remember my screen is black I can't see a thing, so I need to know which buttons and when to push them..