1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Support screen not working...help!!!!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by L713, Jun 7, 2011.

1. L713

L713 New Member

Jun 7, 2011
    i went to check my LG ally and when i tried to turn on the screen nothing happens, so i tried to turn off ther phone and tuern it on, nothing. i take out tthe battery and put it back in, nothing. my screen is completely black no matter what i do. i didnt do any damage to the phone so none of this makes any sense. i even tried keeping the battery out for an hour and putting it back in. the phone turns on and i can see the lights in the keyboard, but the screen stays black. is therte anything i can do to fix it?

Advertisement

2. lunatic59

lunatic59 Moderati ergo sum

Jun 12, 2010
    Male
    IT
    Pennsylvania
    If the screen is black and resetting the phone doesn't work, it may be a hardware failure. When you plug it in via USB can you get access to the files?

3. L713

L713 New Member

Jun 7, 2011
    idk how to reset the phone but ya when i try to charge it the screen stays black, the keyboard lights up but the screen doesnt do anything. how do u reset it?

4. KingOfGreen

KingOfGreen Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2010
    Chandler, Az
    Power down, hold voldown+home+end/power. If this doesnt work. Take it into verizon and if youre out of warranty, im out of ideas.

5. biggiesmalls657

biggiesmalls657 Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2010
    Retail Clerk
    United States
    Did you get insurance? Normally if warranty that is your best bet even if its your fault.

Tags: