1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Screen occasionally doesn't turn on

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by fattank, Jul 3, 2011.

1. fattank

fattank Member

I finally got my couple of 3VO's, and one of them occasionally has its screen not turn on when resuming from standby. Touching the bottom buttons causes a vibration and so on, but touch sensitivity on the screen is also zero while in this situation, which doesn't pass until the battery is pulled.

This "problematic" 3VO has not had a firmware update, but the other has (and never showed the problem). The problem has occurred twice -- once on day 1 and once a few days after, both when the battery was getting very low.

Anyone else had this issue?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. marctronixx

could be the back cover interfering with the top membrane button that actually contacts with the real button. perhaps try to re-seat it.

if that does not help. do a battery pull and them monitor.

if that does not make a difference, a hard reset is in order.

above that, take it in for service.

fattank and EarlyMon like this.
  3. momoceio

momoceio Android Expert

I had the issue also...I finally did a hard reset last night. We'll see if it clears up. I've had to pull my battery about 5 times since I got the phone on Wednesday night.

4. jamesdean

jamesdean Android Enthusiast

I am having a similar problem except mine is where I perform a power off with fast reboot enabled. Not sure if fast reboot is related but that is they way I have it configured. I have also performed the OTA update. The phone will boot but with no screen. I can receive a call, the phone will ring, the led flashes but no screen. I can raise the volume and hear the tone at full volume, the hard buttons light across the bottom but no screen. Only battery pull fixes it. It's happened twice since 06-24.

5. RandoTheKing

RandoTheKing Newbie

I have this issue sometimes after a text comes through. The screen wont turn on or is black but the buttons vibrate. Eventually hitting the lock button a few times wakes it up.

Is there is a running list of Evo 3D issues we can sticky and make sure HTC sees? I know this one and the App Icon bug is rather annoying and I want to make sure they fix it.

HTC EVO 3D Forum

The HTC EVO 3D release date was July 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 5MP camera, 1GB RAM, Snapdragon S3 processor, and 1730mAh battery.

July 2011
Release Date
Reviews