1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Screen on Motorola Photon Q will not show anything

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by Android Question, Aug 2, 2013.

1. Android Question

Hey,
    I went through the airport yesterday on my way home, so my cell had to go through the x-ray machine. As soon as I got it back, the screen stopped showing anything. It only comes up with the pixelated black-and-white (like a TV when it can't load any channels; only it doesn't have that annoying sound like a TV does). I've tried the power button and volume down button like the troubleshooting says to do, and removing and reinserting the SIM card like their site suggests, however nothing is working.
    I have tried letting the battery drain and re-charging it, yet still nothing.
    Can anyone help please?
    Even if I just need to purchase a part and replace it some how? If someone would tell me where I could get the part(s) I need and how-to?
    I can't do a hard reset on it because I can't lose the data on my phone; I have texts with work data I need to keep (not that I can see anything on it now anyway). I just need the screen to work again.
    Thank you!!

2. Unforgiven

Unforgiven ...eschew obfuscation...

Welcome to Android Forums. Sorry we are so late getting back to you.

We have developed a backup solution for folks that have unresponsive devices.
    http://androidforums.com/faqs/697582-backup-routine-us-all.html

Give that a try. If you are able to get your information off of the device that is a positive first step and you could then try the factory reset, or worst case, warranty / insurance replacement. You would at least have your critical data.

Post back if you have any questions or have any further information. I hope you are able to get back up and running.:)