• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Screen On (Shake or Motion Activated) for Galaxy S2

I've been searching the web for days for an application where you can turn on the phone screen without using the power button. It's motion activated. Because everytime I have to press the power button and I'm sure someday it will stop working.

options to turn screen on.
1. Shake the phone
2. Touch screen to turn on the screen stead of pressing the power button (useful when you need to listen to music without having to touch the power button all the time)

Please dev, make this app. I'll buy!

options to turn screen on.
1. Shake the phone

Won't it be a hit on your battery? Imagine you tuck your Android phone into a bag and then as you walk the phone move around and viola screen is turned on. Likewise for touch screen while inside your bag it get "tapped" with other stuff inside your bag and viola screen is turned on again.

Upvote 0
The power button is not going to break because you push it too much, unless you're also grabbing it and trying to pull it off. I use my power button (Samsung Charge) at least 50 times per day, and it's still looking fine. The power button is designed to be the most used part of the phone.

Upvote 0
I pretty much have this app done. It turns on by phone shake. I did not implement on screen touch because as far as I know, it is impossible because the phone cannot receive a touch if it is off. The only way that could happen is if I made it not really go to sleep at all, but then it would always turn on if you have it in your pocket.

Upvote 0
Hopefully not much longer (few hours, which includes the time it takes to get on market). I just have to tweak the UI for starting the service. I will post a link when it is up. It has worked on all of the devices I have, so once you get a hold of it, if you could, let me know if it works okay.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones