1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

General Screen On while charging

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Hypo Luxa, Aug 12, 2010.

1. Hypo Luxa

Hypo Luxa Well-Known Member

May 12, 2010
    Earth
    Is there a way force the screen to stay on when charging but timeout to 1 minute when not charging?

Advertisement

2. LED

LED Well-Known Member

Apr 5, 2010
    Rochester, NY
    Menu > Settings > Applications > Development > Stay Awake

Hypo Luxa likes this.
  3. Hypo Luxa

Hypo Luxa Well-Known Member

May 12, 2010
    Earth
    awesome.. Thanks!

4. LED

LED Well-Known Member

Apr 5, 2010
    Rochester, NY
    Goofy place for the setting isn't it... should be under sounds & display. I don't why they think its a development setting.

5. Demache

Demache Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2010
    Sioux Falls, SD
    I can sort of see how its a development option. If your debugging something, you don't want the phone to fall asleep. But your average user would not know to look there, since it doesn't appear to be a development setting.

6. DDustiNN

DDustiNN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2009
    Because when it's plugged into your computer and you're doing some development/debugging, you'd want your phone to stay on since you'd likely be doing something on the computer for more than a minute. Then you don't have to keep waking the phone every time you go back to it. That's my guess, at least ;)

7. LED

LED Well-Known Member

Apr 5, 2010
    Rochester, NY
    I prefer to have my screen stay on while plugged in since I often use it at work that way. If I want the screen off, I'll just hit the sleep key. I guess I see the option being more general than a "dev" setting. Surely it is useful to development, but I would think it is more of a mainstream feature... maybe I'm in the minority.

8. DDustiNN

DDustiNN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2009
    I agree, I was just trying to come up with some sort of justification for it's strange placement in the settings, haha...

9. SlvrScoobie

SlvrScoobie Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2010
    OMG - I turned that on and couldnt remember what app I used to do that! Spent 3 days looking at all the settings trying to figure it out! THANKS! I like to have it on, but not overnight... now I know where to change it!

10. andy_48

andy_48 Member

May 20, 2010
    I'd like my phone (HTC Legend on 2.1) to stay at full brightness whilst it's charging (with "Stay Awake" checked) but after a minute or two it always dims to about half power. Is it possible to set it to stay on full brightness permanently?