1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Screen overlay detected BS

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by Shadow Wizard, Sep 7, 2016.

1. Shadow Wizard

Shadow Wizard Lurker
    None

May 3, 2011
    I am getting REALLY frustrated with my G4. I am trying to run apps, and keep getting "Screen overlay detected" when I try and give the app permission. So I go in and turn off every single app on that screen, and still get the same error message. I have seen solutions that say LUX screen brightness is causing it. Its not installed. And another that says "File Explorer" is causing it. Tried disabling it (Its built into the phone, can't uninstall) didn't fix it. I can't seem to find a working solutions to this anywhere.

Advertisement

2. Dannydet

Dannydet Android Expert

Jan 16, 2016
    Male
    Graphics Manager / Sales
    USA
  3. Shadow Wizard

Shadow Wizard Lurker
    None

May 3, 2011
    Pages and pages of "It could be this app, it could be that app" the most interesting one was "It could be any software from CM (Cheetah Mobile)" I thank you for the assistance, but I was looking for a solution that didn't involve hunting, uninstalling, disabling all my apps one at a time to find out what one was causing it, and from the exhaustive list of apps that thread seems to list (None of which I have anyway, except perhaps something from Cheetah Mobile.. Can't seem to find out how to list apps by developer)
    In any event, I have found somewhat of a solution, or maybe a work around. I booted the phone in safe mode, and then was able to enable the permissions on the settings --> General --> Apps screen.
    It still befuddles me how turning off ALL the apps listed didn't resolve the issue. Here is hoping this thread helps others, and a fix (if it needs a fix, or if fix is the right word. Basically not needing to fiddle and fart to grant simple permissions.) will be found (or added to future versions of the OS) to this problem soon enough.