1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Screen Overlay

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Daniel Clark, Jun 9, 2017.

1. Daniel Clark

Daniel Clark Lurker

Can someone tell me how I can create a screen overlay? I need a small circle (dot) as a reference point, precisely placed in a certain area while I am using another app.
    Any help would be muchly appreciated!
    Thanks in advance!
    Dan.

#1 Daniel Clark, Jun 9, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 9, 2017

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. seVer

seVer Android Expert

might be trying to do too much. there are overlay settings, which most people get as an error message, or an option to show a spot that you touch (think of a pointer indicator). what is it you need? please explain.

3. gydsem

gydsem Lurker

When, why and how to turn on or off?

4. Daniel Clark

Daniel Clark Lurker

I need a dot/marker on my screen for a location reference for where I put my thumb and I want to be able to reposition it when desired.
    Effectively it could be a small image of a dot that i can give x & y coordinates so I can run an app and have it on top of that app for my locational reference.
    Thanks for the reply

5. dontpanicbobby

dontpanicbobby 100% That Guy
    VIP Member

Is that the same thing as having a Messenger or Facebook dot showing up on my LG G6 screen while I'm reading a book on fbreader?

6. Daniel Clark

Daniel Clark Lurker

yeah similar, but i dont want to be able to actively touch the dot

7. seVer

seVer Android Expert

then my suggestion won't work. don't know a native way to do what you're asking.

Samsung Galaxy S7 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S7 release date was March 2016. Features and Specs include a 5.1" inch screen, 12MP camera, 4GB RAM, Exynos 8890 Octa processor, and 3000mAh battery.

March 2016
Release Date
Reviews