• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Screen problem Galaxy A70.

Altea

Lurker
Jun 28, 2021
Hi I'm hoping that someone can provide some advice please. My son has come home from school and has said that his phone was left in his bag and when got out of his back later in the day, the screen was damaged as per the photograph. There is no physical damage to the screen, it isn't cracked but it is not possible to swipe, it just displays as per the photograph. Could someone please advise what is the likely cause of this, if it can be repaired, and if so approx how much would it cost? If I try to make a call to it then the screen displays incoming call but there is no way to answer or switch the phone out of silent mode. I don't believe that the problem is water damage as the phone wouldn't have been near water during school. Hope someone can help. TIA.

Attachments

• 16249108626671734336642859696404.jpg
    16249108626671734336642859696404.jpg
    407 KB · Views: 371
Hi I'm hoping that someone can provide some advice please. My son has come home from school and has said that his phone was left in his bag and when got out of his back later in the day, the screen was damaged as per the photograph. There is no physical damage to the screen, it isn't cracked but it is not possible to swipe, it just displays as per the photograph. Could someone please advise what is the likely cause of this, if it can be repaired, and if so approx how much would it cost? If I try to make a call to it then the screen displays incoming call but there is no way to answer or switch the phone out of silent mode. I don't believe that the problem is water damage as the phone wouldn't have been near water during school. Hope someone can help. TIA.

Can see the display is damaged. From my own experience and reading previous posts on AF, to replace the AMOLED screen on a Samsung is rather expensive, like maybe $200 or more. As for how it ended up like that? It's not necessarily impact damage, the phone could have been stressed while it was in the bag? Years ago I busted the AMOLED screen on a Samsung while the phone was in my pocket, we were moving furniture at the time.

Reactions: Dannydet
Upvote 0
definitely hardware damage. i damaged my note 4's screen by hitting the phone's sides while my phone was in a gym bag when it fell from my gym's locker after working out. it did not crack the screen, but the jolt definitely broke something on the inside. luckily i had insurance on the phone and was able to get a replacement with out having to dish out large sums of money.

i never keep my phone in a bag from that day forward. it is always with me.

Reactions: Dannydet
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones