1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Screen protection

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by mountainlover, Dec 25, 2011.

1. mountainlover

mountainlover Android Enthusiast

I put a screen protector on my phone but it doesn't look near as good now. I've read this phone will scratch easily. Do I think it would be safe to remove it if I keep it in a leather pouch? :thinking:

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. trophynuts

trophynuts Extreme Android User

It really just depends on the type of user you are. If you are generally easy on your phones then you should be ok. However accidents do happen.

What type of screenie did you put on it? If it's the VZW ones that is probably why it looked bad. Those things are not very good imo.

3. mountainlover

I am careful with my phones. I've never broke or scratched the glass on any of them or had to use my warranty. I did buy my screen protector from verizon. If I buy a different brand would the screen look better? If so, what brand would you recommend? This screen was so beautiful before I put it on, I want that look back!

4. trophynuts

i would go with a skinomi or a seido if they have them in stock for the RZ now. You may could just do a simple search on amazon and see what comes up. In the past my experience with the VZW ones are they dim the screen and they don't cover all of the glass. I haven't bought one since. The other brands are much better than those.

5. kishin14

kishin14 Android Enthusiast

Verizon has two types of screen protectors for the rezound: anti-glare and clear anti-scratch. I bought the latter as the anti-glare leaves a noticeable rainbow/grainy effect. However, I'm happy with the clear anti-scratch ones I got. They do not distort the screen at all. It does smudge easily so I have to wipe a lot.

mountainlover likes this.
  6. zazan

zazan Android Enthusiast

I have the same as kishin and I agree its fine and it does smudge but just wipe it off. Or go with the other suggestions they are very clear. But I personally recommend the protector, just to be safe.

7. trophynuts

do they cover the entire glass?

8. mountainlover

I just checked and I have the anti-glare. If y'all are happy with the clear I will try those. Anything would have to be better than what I have now!

9. Deleted User

Deleted User Guest

I am a fan of Zagg. I was pretty intimidated to put it on, but installation is easy if you follow the directions. I am a big fan at how it reduces the amount of fingerprints.

10. kishin14

kishin14 Android Enthusiast

Almost, they're about 1mm short on all sides. Still, it's far better than the cheapo ones they made for the DX and D3, which covered only the screen and not the entire bezel (lame). I'm pleasantly surprised by these. Pretty good deal too, since you get 3 for $13 bucks. And they really are anti-scratch. The one I put on the first day doesn't have a single mark on it.

11. Jcdrummr

Jcdrummr Newbie

In case anyone was waiting for a Steinheil ultra crystal, its time to look elsewhere: SGP Store Twitter

I've never tried Skinomi. Does it affect the look or feel much?

HTC Rezound Forum

The HTC Rezound release date was November 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Snapdragon S3 processor, and 1620mAh battery.

November 2011
Release Date
Reviews