1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Accessories Screen Protector/Casing

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by axpkl, Jun 9, 2011.

1. axpkl

axpkl Lurker
    None

Jun 8, 2011
    I was wondering which type of screen protector is better, matte or clear. I am currently using matte, but it is not scratch resistant and my fingerprints can be seen. Besides matte and clear, which type is good?

Also, I was wondering where I could get a hard plastic cover for my Desire, either online or in stores in Singapore.

Thanks a lot!

Advertisement

2. kuobob

kuobob Member
    None

Oct 23, 2010
    Student
    Kaohsiung, Taiwan.
    matte screen protectors are usually anti-scratch and anti-fingerprints, but that doesn't seem to be your case. Matte screen protectors will reduce glare, while clear ones don't help with glare, so if you are spending time outdoors, a matte screen protector is the way to go.
    however, with my experiences with matte screen protectors, they usually make the screen much less vibrant and reduce the viewing angle a lot. Clear screen protectors doesn't really change the color or brightness(although it depends on the quality), and maintain the viewing angles.

personally, I'd like to use matte ones because otherwise, the desire is practically unusable outdoors, which ruins the purpose of a phone.

Tags: