• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Screen Protector discussion

Which Screen Protector is your favourite?

• Anymode Oleophobic

Votes: 2 1.4%
  • Pro-Tec

Votes: 3 2.1%
  • MFX 5-in-1

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Martin Fields

• Case-Mate Anti-Glare

• Zagg Invisible Shield

Votes: 63 43.8%
  • 3M Scotch Film Lite Matte

• 3M Scotch Film Lite

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Rock Anti-Fingerprint

• Terrapin

• Kolay

• FoneM8

• Vikuiti CV8 by 3M

• Vikuiti ADQC27 by 3M

• Vikuiti DQC160 by 3M

• GadgetinBox

• BAAS Matte Clear (Anti-Glare)

• Trizmo Anti-Glare & Anti-Fingerprint

Votes: 4 2.8%
  • MOFRED

• Steinheil

Votes: 49 34.0%
  • XO Skins

• Skinomi

Votes: 8 5.6%

• Total voters
Sweet !! I posted this a while back http://androidforums.com/4722209-post341.html which includes the video / article Droid Life did on these. Glad to see you got one & like it. Thinking about trying these in the future.

Yeah I'm enjoying it a lot. The only thing I forgot to mention is that if you look really closely at it when the screen is off, you can see a very slight "grid" pattern on the glass which XGEAR told me is part of the hardening/manufacturing process and the inclusion of UV protection. It's really not a big deal. It honestly feels "naked" as if it's the original glass of the phone itself. If anything, I think the touch sensitivity and viewing angles aren't affected one bit. It's so smooth that even a sharpie can't write on the screen - it just drips off.

Reactions: treb1797
Upvote 0
Do you have any pictures of it?

Here's a pic taken with my Galaxy Tab (sorry my good camera is on my phone LOL):

20120808_203733.jpg

I got the white one since I have a blue phone. I also have the otterbox commuter case around it - so this thing *should* be well-protected. :)

Reactions: treb1797
Upvote 0
So I have a blue phone does that mean the glass treatment will cover the Samsung logo on the white but not the blue? I am little confused here.

It looks as if when you order the protector for the Blue, the protector is just completely clear like your normal screen protector would be. If you order the protector for the white it actually has the white border around the protector, thus covering the logo.

In the pics above the person has the Blue phone, but ordered a white protector.

If what I am saying is not accurate please someone chime in. Thanks.

Upvote 0
Looks pretty good, I will look into that if my curved glass protector sucks. Do you send them the phone to install it? or you install it yourself?

Installed it myself - but it is not a curved glass protector. It goes all the way to the very beginning of where the original screen glass starts its curve. I hope that makes sense. It's a flat glass protector and protects 99.9% of the screen

Upvote 0
So I have finally ordered my Curved Crystal from Samsung Galaxy S3 Screen Protector Steinheil Curved Crystal | SPIGEN SGP and is waiting anxiously for it. I was wondering if anyone else used this before and if they have, can you please post photos and reviews? I'll be sure to return the favor when I receive mine. And also, how well does it work with cases? Are there any lift at the edge when you put a case on? Thanks guys! :D

Upvote 0
ok, so I still haven't received mine yet so can't post up any reviews but found this on a different forum:

Hi! So after much thought and consideration, I bought the Curved Crystal couple days ago and it arrived today! I don't think I've seen anyone post pictures of this so hope this helps. I took several photos with my husband's iPhone, which would explain the poor cam quality :D Sorry, I'm at my husband's work place so there's no other cameras to use. Not used to doing reviews but I'll try my best!

photo_13.jpg

so this is what came with it. There are 2 screen protectors, 1 squeegee, 1 microfiber Cloth, and some stickers to remove dust (found these to be very useful! :good:)

image.jpg
image.jpg

This is the bottom part of the curved crystal. You can clearly see the "curved" part to hug the S3's edges.

image.jpg

Ok, so I thought this was very nifty. So after you've attached your screen protector, what do you see? DUST! Well, they got these stickers that you can attach to your screen protector, lift it up, and use the other sticker to carefully remove dust. Then, you just stick the protector back on slowly.

image.jpg
image.jpg

image.jpg
image.jpg

I know you can't see very well but I did what I could with my husband's phone. What I wanted to show you guys were that the edges line up perfectly with the phone's curvature and there is no lifting or bubbling anywhere. YET. It's only been 4 hours so we'll just have to see but hopefully, it'll stay this way. The screen is verrrry clear, like there's nothing on. If you see carefully, you can see the parts around the speaker, camera, and the home button where the protector do not cover. Except for those areas, everything else is completely covered.

My only complaint is that this was hard for me to put on, especially because the edges are curved, so you need to get it on accurately, or the edges will definitely lift because the protector is cut exactly to match the phone's curvatures. You only get a tiny amount of wiggle room, and if you attach it a little to the side, it won't work. I gotta confess, the first one I got went into the trash after 3 attempts to put it on. My husband put the second one on for me :D:D:D but i'm not really good with this and I don't have steady hands so... :laugh:

So far, I'm loving this protector and I just HOPE TO GOD that it'll stay on long. It'll probably take me an hour to put another one on. :p
I bought mine at their store online : Samsung Galaxy S3 Screen Protector Steinheil Curved Crystal | SPIGEN SGP Hope my little review helped you guys!

Upvote 0
You guys are gonna laugh, but while I'm awaiting the Spigen Curved Crystal, I'm using the cheap plastic film that came on the phone out of the box. It's lifting a little on the edges, but there are no bubbles. I'm just holding out for my order to come in. Does anyone see a problem with leaving that plastic on for a couple weeks? It's been on for almost a week with no apparent ill effects.

Upvote 0
Went ahead and purchased the Rearth Ringbo Screen Protector for mine. Applied it today and am very happy with it. Laid down smooth with no bubbles. It is undercut a small amount so it works great with my TPU case.

I've been using one for about a month, and its alright. It's the first screen protector used, so I don't have anything to compare it to.

It gets greasy from fingerprints very quickly and it is scratched up terribly. The scratches are concentrated over the keypad and the top middle where I pull down notifications.

However I am a stay at home dad currently and go to beaches and playgrounds on a regular basis, so even though I use a sandwich baggie at the beach my fingers can be dirty a lot of the time.

I'm waiting to see how the spigen curved protector is doing after a month of use. I want to see how it works with different cases and how scratch resistant it is in real world use.

Upvote 0
You guys are gonna laugh, but while I'm awaiting the Spigen Curved Crystal, I'm using the cheap plastic film that came on the phone out of the box. It's lifting a little on the edges, but there are no bubbles. I'm just holding out for my order to come in. Does anyone see a problem with leaving that plastic on for a couple weeks? It's been on for almost a week with no apparent ill effects.

Nope, I used the stock one for a couple weeks whole I waited for the Sgp curved to arrive. No harm. I liked the stock one. I trimmed the top part above the screen off as it lifted.

Reactions: 120inna55
Upvote 0
Keep a can of air (spray can air for keyboards etc) handy to keep blowing dust off screen right before you install it. It's helped me so many times guarantee there are no dust particles underneath the shield.
Good advice!
Another thing is to do it in the bathroom and run the shower on hot for like a couple minutes to steam the place up. Gets rid of dust quite easily

Upvote 0
Good advice!
Another thing is to do it in the bathroom and run the shower on hot for like a couple minutes to steam the place up. Gets rid of dust quite easily

I found putting the protector on ina steamy hot bathroom, made a tedious job even more tedious. Chances are you will only get a speck or two if any and they are easy to pull out with tape. Getting the protector to line up perfect is a total pain and if you're starting to sweat it doesn't make it easier.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones