1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Tips Screen Protector discussion

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by treb1797, Jun 6, 2012.

?

Which Screen Protector is your favourite?

1. Anymode Oleophobic

2 vote(s)
    1.4%
  2. Pro-Tec

3 vote(s)
    2.1%
  3. MFX 5-in-1

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Martin Fields

3 vote(s)
    2.1%
  5. Case-Mate Anti-Glare

3 vote(s)
    2.1%
  6. Zagg Invisible Shield

63 vote(s)
    43.8%
  7. 3M Scotch Film Lite Matte

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. 3M Scotch Film Lite

1 vote(s)
    0.7%
  9. Rock Anti-Fingerprint

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. Terrapin

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  11. Kolay

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  12. FoneM8

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  13. Vikuiti CV8 by 3M

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  14. Vikuiti ADQC27 by 3M

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  15. Vikuiti DQC160 by 3M

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  16. GadgetinBox

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  17. BAAS Matte Clear (Anti-Glare)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  18. Trizmo Anti-Glare & Anti-Fingerprint

4 vote(s)
    2.8%
  19. MOFRED

4 vote(s)
    2.8%
  20. Steinheil

49 vote(s)
    34.0%
  21. XO Skins

4 vote(s)
    2.8%
  22. Skinomi

8 vote(s)
    5.6%
  1. cary328is

cary328is Android Expert

Yeah I'm enjoying it a lot. The only thing I forgot to mention is that if you look really closely at it when the screen is off, you can see a very slight "grid" pattern on the glass which XGEAR told me is part of the hardening/manufacturing process and the inclusion of UV protection. It's really not a big deal. It honestly feels "naked" as if it's the original glass of the phone itself. If anything, I think the touch sensitivity and viewing angles aren't affected one bit. It's so smooth that even a sharpie can't write on the screen - it just drips off.

Advertisement

treb1797 likes this.
  2. cary328is

cary328is Android Expert

Here's a pic taken with my Galaxy Tab (sorry my good camera is on my phone LOL):

[​IMG]

I got the white one since I have a blue phone. I also have the otterbox commuter case around it - so this thing *should* be well-protected. :)

treb1797 likes this.
  3. treb1797

treb1797 Extreme Android User

Covers up the Samsung logo as well...very nice.

4. alexander323bc

alexander323bc Android Enthusiast

Looks pretty good, I will look into that if my curved glass protector sucks. Do you send them the phone to install it? or you install it yourself?

5. Rastaman-FB

Rastaman-FB Extreme Android User

the dont sell that tempered glass one in the uk :/ kinda liked that.

is it curved like the base glass?

6. treb1797

Correction : according to the pics on Spectre for Samsung | XGearlive . The white covers up the Samsung logo, but the Blue does NOT. Just wanted to make that clear.

7. alexander323bc

So I have a blue phone does that mean the glass treatment will cover the Samsung logo on the white but not the blue? I am little confused here.

8. treb1797

It looks as if when you order the protector for the Blue, the protector is just completely clear like your normal screen protector would be. If you order the protector for the white it actually has the white border around the protector, thus covering the logo.

In the pics above the person has the Blue phone, but ordered a white protector.

If what I am saying is not accurate please someone chime in. Thanks.

9. cary328is

cary328is Android Expert

Installed it myself - but it is not a curved glass protector. It goes all the way to the very beginning of where the original screen glass starts its curve. I hope that makes sense. It's a flat glass protector and protects 99.9% of the screen

10. pdl2mtl90

pdl2mtl90 Member

Installed the Best Skin Ever on my S3 yesterday. Went on smooth and looked terrific after it dried (roughly 2-3 hours). BUT...put my TPU case on last night before we went out to dinner and it lifted the edges. Bad enough that I had to pull it off before I got home. So back to the drawing board. Too bad as I really liked the way it looked.

11. GJade

GJade Member

So I have finally ordered my Curved Crystal from Samsung Galaxy S3 Screen Protector Steinheil Curved Crystal | SPIGEN SGP and is waiting anxiously for it. I was wondering if anyone else used this before and if they have, can you please post photos and reviews? I'll be sure to return the favor when I receive mine. And also, how well does it work with cases? Are there any lift at the edge when you put a case on? Thanks guys! :D

12. Szadzik

Szadzik Extreme Android User

Subscribed.

13. GJade

GJade Member

ok, so I still haven't received mine yet so can't post up any reviews but found this on a different forum:

14. treb1797

Thanks for the pics & info on these !!

15. khunfused

khunfused Newbie

i got my screen protector yesterday for s3. went to mall for ghost armor. 20 bucks for 15 for screen n 5 dollar installation. n 10% off coupon.
    lifetime warranty for the screen protector for that specific phone, 5 dollars to have it reapplied or do it yourself at home cost free.

16. alexander323bc

I got the curved crystal as well, tricky to put on but worth it! It feels like a typical screen protector you can feel that its there but doesn't hurt performance as far as I can tell.

treb1797 likes this.
  17. pdl2mtl90

pdl2mtl90 Member

Went ahead and purchased the Rearth Ringbo Screen Protector for mine. Applied it today and am very happy with it. Laid down smooth with no bubbles. It is undercut a small amount so it works great with my TPU case.

18. 120inna55

120inna55 Newbie

You guys are gonna laugh, but while I'm awaiting the Spigen Curved Crystal, I'm using the cheap plastic film that came on the phone out of the box. It's lifting a little on the edges, but there are no bubbles. I'm just holding out for my order to come in. Does anyone see a problem with leaving that plastic on for a couple weeks? It's been on for almost a week with no apparent ill effects.

19. TadeoNYC

TadeoNYC Well-Known Member

I've been using one for about a month, and its alright. It's the first screen protector used, so I don't have anything to compare it to.

It gets greasy from fingerprints very quickly and it is scratched up terribly. The scratches are concentrated over the keypad and the top middle where I pull down notifications.

However I am a stay at home dad currently and go to beaches and playgrounds on a regular basis, so even though I use a sandwich baggie at the beach my fingers can be dirty a lot of the time.

I'm waiting to see how the spigen curved protector is doing after a month of use. I want to see how it works with different cases and how scratch resistant it is in real world use.

20. cary328is

cary328is Android Expert

Word of advice for anyone who's about to put on any screen protector:

Keep a can of air (spray can air for keyboards etc) handy to keep blowing dust off screen right before you install it. It's helped me so many times guarantee there are no dust particles underneath the shield.

21. S Chonson

S Chonson Member

Zagg for me. With the exception of one time, they've worked great for me. Plus Best Buy installs them for you.

22. powdbyrice

powdbyrice Android Enthusiast

Nope, I used the stock one for a couple weeks whole I waited for the Sgp curved to arrive. No harm. I liked the stock one. I trimmed the top part above the screen off as it lifted.

120inna55 likes this.
  23. pdl2mtl90

pdl2mtl90 Member

I'm interested in the Curved Crystal as well but afraid the edges will lift with my TPU cases.

24. 787323

787323 Member

Good advice!
    Another thing is to do it in the bathroom and run the shower on hot for like a couple minutes to steam the place up. Gets rid of dust quite easily

25. TadeoNYC

TadeoNYC Well-Known Member

I found putting the protector on ina steamy hot bathroom, made a tedious job even more tedious. Chances are you will only get a speck or two if any and they are easy to pull out with tape. Getting the protector to line up perfect is a total pain and if you're starting to sweat it doesn't make it easier.