• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accessories Screen Protector / Invisible Shield?

After using the VZW ones for a bit, I can see where the no-fingerprint ones referenced above would be nice. Finger smudge is a good bit worse than on the plain glass.

I'll probably try those out whenever they're released.
The VZW screen protectors only cover the clear part of screen, not the full screen, i did not like them myself.
Screen Patronus make a very nice screen protector for the Inc. very durable, easy to install price around 10.00 for 2 protectors ScreenPatronus, Screen protector - the difference is amazing.

The Zagg is a great protector also, you can remove them and wash them with soapy water if you dont like the way they went on, when you apply them use plenty of spray that comes with them, hard to mess them up. I have used one i've had over and over, just keep the clear pcs it comes with so if you want to remove it you have something to stick it to. I try different ones and always go back to the Zagg

Upvote 0
I purchased the Invisible Shield at Best Buy today. The "orange peel" layer has been replaced in the new shipments with what is now smooth and clear.

Best Buy will put it on for you for a few bucks... which is nice since they have had more practice. Also, at the store I was at, they were using Zagg gel instead of the prior adhesive. I guess the gel is ultimately destined for new packages, but, you may still get the old adhesive until old supply is drawn down.

The gel makes it easy to accurately place your shield.

I am happy with it... much less smudging, and seemingly no loss of touch or visual appearance.

Upvote 0
I bought my screen protectors from the link below, I have on the "mirrored" screen now which is very cool, but it does take a hint of the visual quality away when screen is on, I also bought a regular screen protector in case I get sick of the mirror look.

Mirrored

HTC Droid Incredible High Def Mirror Screen Protector Film - Cell Phone Faceplates for HTC Droid Incredible

Regular

HTC Droid Incredible Screen Protector Film - Cell Phone Faceplates for HTC Droid Incredible

Both came with cleaning cloth. No bubbles when you install, no sticky feel, just simple.

Upvote 0
Does anyone know what the Skinomi or Invisashield solution is made up of?

I had Ghost Armor put on my Blackberry at Best Buy and they did a sucky job, the stuff peel off the red and green arrow buttons within a day.

I wouldn't waste my money on it for my Droid 2 but I have a Skinomi screen protector that I want to put on the phone. Only problem, the solution got thrown away by accident.

Wondered what it's made up of, maybe I can buy some or even make it?

Upvote 0
I bought this cleartouch anti-glare from Boxwave.

From what I had read it was a great product. And with spring coming, more time outside, I thought it was a good idea. I needed a new screen protector anyway.

I absolutely hate it. It's effect on visibility, inside and outside. Horrible to look at, makes the gorgeous display look like crap.

Took a walk outside with it yesterday, just to see if it made the losses inside worthwhile. It wasn't.

Going to try to get a refund, and ship the other two back to them.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones