• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Screen Protector issue ?

frogger

Apr 23, 2010
i received my twin pack of official htc screen protectors today
first thing i notice is they dont fit exactly over the screen theres a gap of a few mil all the way round (my case i also received covers this anyway)

theres also a little cut out in the top (or bottom ?) which is for what ?

what way should it go on the screen the cut out at the top right or bottom left ?

I hadn't noticed the sensor there, good spot.

It's not easy to spot I must admit! my old Desire wasn't so well hidden.

A good tip that I also did on my Desire was to cut out any spare screen protector you have and fit it on the camera lens on the back. I found this got scratched really easy on my Desire so doing this protects it, then once once the protection gets scratched you can just replace it leaving the original in perfect condition. I guess you won't want to cut up your 2nd cover ;) so I would buy a very cheap one just for this purpose.

In here is a pic of the lens cover, although I didn't get it to fit too well :( I'll redo it again once that once scratches.

Upvote 0
It's not easy to spot I must admit! my old Desire wasn't so well hidden.

A good tip that I also did on my Desire was to cut out any spare screen protector you have and fit it on the camera lens on the back. I found this got scratched really easy on my Desire so doing this protects it, then once once the protection gets scratched you can just replace it leaving the original in perfect condition. I guess you won't want to cut up your 2nd cover ;) so I would buy a very cheap one just for this purpose.

In here is a pic of the lens cover, although I didn't get it to fit too well :( I'll redo it again once that once scratches.

Yeah, I do tend to protect the cover too. Even though it's a rough cut you've done, it's better than nothing.

Ironic, that the email I received notifying me of this response in a thread about screen protectors, caused the phone to vibrate whilst applying one of the protectors that arrived this morning. 1 down, 2 to go. :eek: :p

Upvote 0
Ironic, that the email I received notifying me of this response in a thread about screen protectors, caused the phone to vibrate whilst applying one of the protectors that arrived this morning. 1 down, 2 to go. :eek: :p

Lol, I would have dropped the protector on the carpet and got it covered in dust if that happened to me! in fact, thanks for reminding me to switch it off when I come to do mine :D

Upvote 0
I ordered some off eBay from the same seller I got my screen protectors for my iPad and desire, which were brilliant so i ordered from them again and they were not a whole lot bigger than the desire tbh.

I then got the official ones and have to say I think they are a good fit, when they are nearly the exact same size as the screen I often end up with it lifting at one of the sides because it is on at an angle, so I'm glad there is a bit of room for maneuver.

Reactions: JasonC
Upvote 0
you know what im after as a screen protector? a mate of mines got a slightly "matt" screen protector on his iphone4s and it feels really nice actually, just has a more...tactile feel to the thing?

anyone seen any 'matt' screen protectors around for the 1X?

Those matte screen protectors you're talking about are quite popular here in Taiwan. I don't like them though, since they do block off the beauty of the One X's screen.

To the others with the screen protector problem.. I also bought a white slim case for my One X, the guy at HTC helped me put on a protector, and also a complimentary camera lens protector, which was quite nice. However, the protector didn't stand up so well to my daily usage, and it quickly carried dozens of scratches that blocked some of my viewing pleasure... sooo... decided to rip it off, and enjoy the screen the way it was meant to be enjoyed.

Oh yeah, the screen protector that I got also didn't cover the whole of the screen, which was disappointing because it really didn't look good on the aesthetic side.

Reactions: eddiewawa
Upvote 0
@ blacktea - ah so your saying it 'dulls' the screen? is it better in direct sunlight since its "matt" and not shiny?

Yes it sort of dulls the screen, and yes it gives you a clearer view under sunlight since its matte, therefore it blocks off any reflections. Personal preferences basically, the more tactile touchy feeling is rather pleasant though.

@presidente: Not that I know of, my friend is using a matte protector for her One X and it seems to be the same quality as opposed to a normal clear protector. I'm just saying that the matte protector really hinders the crispness of the screen.

Reactions: El Presidente
Upvote 0
From my experience of matt screen protectors (ipod touch, desire, acer iconia 1500) is that they do cause 'pixelation' especially on white screens where you see individual coloured pixels. However, these aren't noticeable when using the device once you are used to it.

I prefer the matt protectors over regular protectors as the provide better glide when swiping the screen and allow for better viewing outdoors.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones