• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Screen Protector just wont go on

hi

my friend has just got an Xperia T and he ordered a leather case and 6 screen protectors off fleabay, having some experience of putting them on my Tablet and 3 times on my Xperia Miro I opted to do it for him, so I tried and tried using up 4 of them in the process but no matter how much i tried they would never stick on down the sides in certain parts - it seemed like there was no room for error and there are the exact same size as the screen and if you hit the lip ever so slightly it will not seal

I read that the T comes with one on and looking at it it does, but it holds the Sony logo - ive read of some people removing it saying its poor and wondered if this would help with this issue?

or is it just the screen protector is poor?

can they be bought with the sony logo on?

I dont know if im allowed to post links to ebay so here is the picture below from the auction, some of you may be familiar with it.

any advice about decent screen protector would be great thanks

kxv8TtO.jpg

I have heard of this before. Unfortunately you are correct regarding the lack of room for error. The handset does have a fairly heavy duty shatter proof sheet pre-attached to the screen and it does hold the Sony logo. Regrettably these are not purchasable separately and as such I would not advise removing it unless you have to.

At this stage I wouldn't worry too much about a secondary screen protector as these can also have a negative impact on the proximity sensor and instead would reserve that for a circumstance where you have to remove the shatter proof sheet.

Upvote 0
well its his phone and its in a leather "book" type case so has plenty of protection, just i find keys and money can get into mine, had my Xperia Miro a few months and in same case and its onto its 2nd screen protector which as 1 small scratch on it and i dunno how or where it come from so i assume its keys in the same pocket... - thing is these cases make a brick into a block in your pocket...ive just ordered a "holster" type that clips onto jeans or belt...much better!

I might try and trim one of the screen protectors down a tiny bit down the sides for him

thanks again :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones