• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Screen Protector?

Does it need one? I haven't been able to tell if this phone has a glass screen or not. My hero has glass and took a fall of the roof of my car :( at 50 mph and only got a quarter inch scratch on the glass. Scratches everywhere else though. I put in the battery and snapped it back together and I am still using it.

I ask because a friend of mine just got the Transform and I got to use it yesterday and he put the protector on the screen and I did not like the touch sensitivity. I had to push much harder then my hero. I told him I wouldn't run a protector if that was how it works. I just wasn't sure if it was glass or not.

Upvote 0
I tried one (PhantomSkinz or something like that) and didn't like the wet application instructions that involved dunking the protector in water. So, I scrapped it and looked for another one. I was looking for a dry application screen protector and thought that was what I was getting with Skinomi. However, I love the Skinomi! It came with a spray bottle of solution (no dunking), easier instructions, and in the end, it was easy to apply. I thought it was "cloudy" after application, but the instructions said it would become clear. And it did! I have no bubbles and you cannot tell there is a screen protector on the Transform save for the little cutouts at the top for the sensors. Wipes clean easily to rid of fingerprints and screen responsiveness seems same as without it on. I then got a rubberized protector for the sides and back for $2.95 from Amazon. My paranoia over dropping the phone, etc is now calmed!

Upvote 0
I bought a "Mybat" protector at the Sprint store while I was there having my contacts swapped. It was on sale for $15, and you get two of them in case you screw one up plus a screen cleaning cloth and a squeegee to work the bubbles out. It wasn't overly easy to get on there straight, but it is precut for the Transform with all the right cutouts and fits well. I didn't get mine on glass-smooth, but it's good enough for my purposes and doesn't seem to have hurt response at all. Make sure you clean the screen very well before you start.

Upvote 0
Zagg now has one for the Transform (SPH-M920). It came with a cleaning cloth, spray bottle of application solution, and a squeegee. I got mine at Best Buy and they installed it for $7.00. Then I got one for my son's phone and installed it myself. Just make sure your hands are clean and that you wet your fingertips well with the solution before handling the screen protector.

As for responsiveness, it is great and I see no difference before and after installation.

Delizzy

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones