1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Accessories Screen Protector

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by nygiants760, Mar 14, 2011.

1. nygiants760

nygiants760 Lurker
    None

Feb 9, 2011
    I wanted to know what is the best screen protector I can buy. I want it to be somewhat smudge/fingerprint proof, and be clear (retain the beauty of the Super AMOLED). I was looking at InvisibleShield, but heard a lot of complaints.

Thanks in advance.

Advertisement

2. sincky

sincky Lurker
    None

Mar 2, 2011
    I heard the same thing about InvisibleShield. I ordered Realook from Amazon.com. I don't have them yet so I can't comment on the fingerprints or smudge. But they did get good reviews.

star2011 likes this.
  3. Bish0p34

Bish0p34 Newbie
    None

Feb 7, 2011
    I didn't care for Invisible Shield when I used it on other phones. Too expensive, and they've always peeled right off the phone after a month or two. They'll replace it free, but cheaper ones I've used don't peel off. I also didn't care for the "sticky" texture of it, that causes me to "drop" things I'm dragging on the screen. I order cheap ones on Ebay, and get better life out of them. Other people seem to like the Invisible Shield, so to each their own.

Personally however I've never seen a smudge resistant screen protector (never looked either), I just wipe it down with a cloth.

star2011 likes this.
  4. andrzewi

andrzewi Member
    None

Mar 9, 2010
    Male
    mechanical technician
    Ottawa, Canada
    I don't use any screen protector for my Captivate. The original screen is durable and I have no problems with finger marks or other things. Just do not throw your phone against concrete wall. Use it gently.

5. chicknlil

chicknlil Android Enthusiast
    None

Jul 22, 2010
    Female
    New England
    I used an SGP Steinheil anti-fingerprint protector on my Captivate once upon a time. Definitely had no fingerprints, but it distorted the view enough that I eventually took it off. My phone is naked these days, and I just carry around the cloth that Steinheil provided with one my laptop skins.

6. phantomatech

phantomatech Member
    None

Feb 4, 2011
    USA
    there are drawback to getting a screen protector. i ended up getting one for my phone because the phone i bought was used.

the first screen protector was the simple one. it was fairly cheap and it fit great, but it was a grease/oil magnet. i got fed up with always having to wipe it down.

i recently bought an anti-grease screen protector. it didn't fit as well as my first one, but it wasn't as much of a grease/oil magnet either. i still had to wipe it down, but not as much and not as long. the drawback is that it makes my screen a little grainy, but not to the point it's unusable.
    i still prefer this screen protector though.

7. star2011

star2011 Newbie
    None

May 13, 2011
    I ordered a screen protcector form GlobalDirectParts last year and feel it is durable.:D

8. Texas Jack

Texas Jack Lurker
    None

Aug 1, 2010
    I have the Zagg invisible shield.

It is tough and durable, perhaps the most durable on the market.

However, it is expensive and hard to see through. I spent over an hour working out every bubble with the applicator. The problem is the protector material is not the same thickness throughout and leaves ever so slight ripples that can only be seen when looked at very closely.

The surface material is also gummy which sometimes makes your finger stutter across the surface.

I wouldn't recommend it.

9. slntdth93

slntdth93 Lurker
    None

Dec 14, 2010
    I like using realook. basically perfect clarity but does allow smudges. Frankly, I dont really care about fingerprints as my refurbished unit had the entire anti-fingerprint coating ruined

10. Rubberdude88

Rubberdude88 Newbie
    None

Dec 28, 2010
    This is what I use... installed it in minutes with no bubble problems at all. Now that it has been on for a week - it's hard to tell that there is even a protector on my captivate. Expensive - yes... but you get what you pay for. I would recommend this to anyone plus it has a lifetime replacement warranty. Use it for a year and then get a new one from Zagg and so on and so on. I like it:)