1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Tips Screen Protector

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by tripleX, Nov 7, 2012.

1. tripleX

tripleX Member

Nov 6, 2012
    What type of screen protector would you recommend for my HTC One X? How long can sticker protector last on a phone? I saw some packages on the web offering 7 stickers in one packet for small price? Is there need to change them often? I hope so no, cuz it's really frustrating with these bubbles and stuff :)

Advertisement

2. grifs8

grifs8 Member

Jul 13, 2012
    Usually I change mines every month keeps things fresh and clear, though I used to use the same one until it virtually fell off with use lol

3. tripleX

tripleX Member

Nov 6, 2012
    Tnx for reply. I just bought htc branded official screen protector. I applied it very carefully, but there are still present some minor dust particles under the protector but it kind off acceptable cuz they can be seen on a white background, otherwise I should apply the protector in the laboratory :D or buy the expensive ones.

4. BigCiX

BigCiX Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2010
    California
    I've been using a screen protector from best skins ever for about 3 months. Still doing it's job.

5. jimbobcook

jimbobcook Well-Known Member

Jun 12, 2012
    Male
    IT Guy
    UK
    I have had a screen protector on now since I had the phone got 10 for less than

6. PatyCake

PatyCake Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2011
    Zagg invisible shield

7. TarekElsakka

TarekElsakka Well-Known Member

Oct 28, 2012
    Male
    University Junior
    Cairo, Egypt
    First I had a Chinese matte, anti-finger print screen protector but it was terrible. It was not smooth and it made my finger itchy. So then I paid HTC a visit and had them replace it with a genuine, crystal clear one and I will never look back. I'll probably have it changed every couple of months or perhaps as soon as I feel or see that it's getting worse. It's so smooth it made me love my touch screen a whole lot more. The only problem with crystal clear protectors, or at least the one I have, is the finger-print issue; however, they provided me with a very small microfiber cloth that has "HTC" logo on it which I keep on my pocket for regularly cleaning the screen.

8. Jogi

Jogi Well-Known Member

May 17, 2010
    Ohio
    I use the zagg HD.

9. bubbles321236

bubbles321236 New Member

Oct 18, 2012
    Female
    Crew Trainer at McDonalds
    Amazon had a bunch of cheap ones that work well the only problem is some may have a tint to them. I keep mine on until the scratches on the protector bother me than I change it.

10. TarekElsakka

TarekElsakka Well-Known Member

Oct 28, 2012
    Male
    University Junior
    Cairo, Egypt
    As I mentioned earlier, I truly like my screen protector but I am starting to get frustrated with it because of the finger prints. I have to keep cleaning it using the micro-fiber cloth more often than I'd like to. The matte one I had on wasn't good quality but it was anti-finger print, perhaps I should look into buying a good quality, expensive anti-finger print and scratch one. I'll probably look for it tonight or tomorrow.

11. blackepoxy

blackepoxy Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2011
    Male
    Oyster shucker blacks oyster bar
    Dirty South, Louisiana
    I have never seen a phone screen with more scratches on it than mine. I had a cheap screen protector on it and it reduced the clarity of the screen so bad I ripped it off about 2 weeks ago. I love how clear the screen is without a protector on it and the way it feels like thick glass. Now mine is so full of scratches it's unbelievable, trust me you need one on. I just carry mine in my pocket with nothing else in that pocket. It's horrible, I had a phone for over 2 years without this many scratches.
    You can't notice them unless the screen is off.

12. seesunmoon

seesunmoon Member

Feb 13, 2013
    i don't use one.

Tags: