1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Tips Screen protectors (already have 2 microscratches)

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by jkc120, Jan 2, 2012.

1. jkc120

jkc120 Android Expert
    None

Apr 12, 2010
    Senior Software Engineer
    El Dorado Hills, CA
    I've had my Rezound for a bit over a week now and I'm loving it! However, it seems the screen isn't nearly as durable as my old dinc nor the Nexus (had my 2nd one for nearly a week and it had no scratches on the screen). I have been extremely careful with the rezound, but still have managed to get two very thin scratches that can only be seen at the right angle and in the right light reflection/etc. Not a big deal, but it has me pretty worried about the durability of this screen.

Normally I don't use screen protectors, but the glass on the rezound seems to be rather easily blemished. So I'm looking or advice on a good screen protector that does not reduce the looks of such a beautiful screen and which also doesn't get scratched/etc easily itself.

I'm going to be driving close to a Verizon corporate store today (where I can get 22% discounts on accessories) and I was wondering if I should try there for a screen protector? Or will they only have the cheap 3-pack there?

Are there any I can buy at Best Buy yet like the zagg invishield, etc? I'm probably going to ask the VZW person or BB person to put it on for me, as I suck at that sort of thing.

Anyway, hoping someone can recommend a good screen protector for the Rezound I can get at either Best Buy, the VZW corp store, Walmart or Target - one that does a good job of protecting the screen without taking away from the screen.

Thanks in advance!

Advertisement

2. zazan

zazan Android Enthusiast
    None

Nov 15, 2011
    Seattle, WA
    Actually I have a verizon protector and its not bad at all. I know others may disagree but I don't see any noticeable degradation of the screen. The only downside is that it collects smudges and needs to be wiped off periodically. Now I must admit that I am not a radical fringe purist about this.

3. mightymousehhd4

None

Jan 5, 2010
    As much as I hate to say it, I have been using some screen protectors that I picked up off of ebay. It was a 6 pack for $3.69 shipped from hong kong. I haven't had any issues with them, and have given a couple out to people at work and they haven't had any issues either. Not sure on the offical quality, but they have held up quite well, have been using since launch day. 6X LCD FILM SCREEN GUARD PROTECTOR FOR VERIZON HTC VIGOR REZOUND | eBay is a link for that if you are interested. Also, since you get 6, you wont feel as bad if you waste one or 2 while trying to get it on....it took me a couple times to get a perfect one.

4. Nolesfan

Nolesfan Well-Known Member
    None

Apr 8, 2010
    New York
    I don't know if one of the local places has it but I use skinomi. If you order online you can use the code skinomi25 for a 25% discount.

5. nynvolt

nynvolt Android Enthusiast
    None

Aug 17, 2010
    SoCal
    I've got the Verizon one. It leaves a 1/16th" gap around the edge of the glass but coverage seems adequate. It also has a slick feel which is important to me, trying to Swype or play games on the rubbery ones is a chore. It's clear and doesn't distort or ruin the look of the screen. Touch sensitivity is still very good but it did seen to reduce it at first but I either got used to it or it got better. They installed it for me at Verizon and did a perfect job. The price is steep at $13.00 for three but having someone put it on for me and do it perfectly made it worth it.

I don't know if the glass is easily scratch compared to other phones. A gain of dust can scratch any glass if it's silica and harder than the glass.

Tags: