1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Tips Screen protectors/microsdhc/gingerbread man!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by useroid, Jun 19, 2011.

1. useroid

useroid Member

Jun 19, 2011
    Hi all, first timer here.

Just bought my first android phone (Galaxy Ace) and have three questions please.

1) Should a screen protector be added? I've heard that the SII has something called a toughened Gorilla screen (or something like that) and no need for a protector. Is the Ace of the same ilk and should a protector not be put on, if at all, as it might reduce performance?
    2) Looking at getting an all singing, all dancing 32gb class 10. Transcend, Sandisk, Kingston... which card is best suited?
    3) Will Gingerbread be an update through Kies?

That's me done and many thanks for reading.

Advertisement

2. detdroid

detdroid Member
    None

Jun 8, 2011
    My Ace:
    -No protector. Ace has gorilla glass, tried it myself, scratched it with knife and beer bottle cap, no marks!
    -16gb transcend, no issues as of. Specs say it can handle 32gb max.
    -haven't updated even my firmware thru skies. If it's not broken don't fix it. No gingerbread update yet, though, it was announced already.

useroid likes this.
  3. useroid

useroid Member

Jun 19, 2011
    Hi detroid, sorry for the late reply and many thanks for the info. I haven't had the "bottle" to scratch the screen with a bottle cap, but I'll take your word for it! :). I did what I always do and applied a Zagg protector shield on it just in case.

When you mentioned gorilla glass it got me thinking and I did some googling. On gorillas website it does list the Ace as having it. But on many other forums it's 50-50 as to wether it has or not. Strange one.

C'mon the Ginger-man and release it to Kies!!!

Cheers.