• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Screen protectors. Yay or nay?

momo619

Lurker
Nov 1, 2017
What brand of screen protector do you have on your XL? If you prefer to not have one, why not? Does the P2 XL have gorilla glass? Should I scrap a screen protector altogether?

The reason I ask is because I bought a glass screen protector but it looks like crap when I view with polarized sunglasses.

To use or not use a screen protector is largely a personal call, but I can help with this bit:

Does the P2 XL have gorilla glass?

From the tech specs:
3D Corning® Gorilla® Glass 5
In all likelihood, the glass itself will hold up better against scratches than any screen protector would - but a screen protector is of course easier (and cheaper) to replace.

Do you frequently carry your phone in the same pocket as your keys? If so, (1) you're an animal and (2) you probably need a screen protector (you animal).

Upvote 0
I haven't really use a screen protector for while on any of my devices. I found the current gen of glass to be scratch-resistant enough as I haven't got a scratch(or at least a visible one) on any of my devices except for one tablet(which was weird because it got its scratch on a flip case).

Although if someone ask me if they should use one I will still highly recommend it as not everyone is as careful as me(I have a small bag exclusive to carry just my devices).

Upvote 0
How big of a deal is that for you @kxracer823? The edge looks great but I'm not sure how much I would miss using edge features (in comparison to the protection and peace of mind).

It's more if I'm on a website or a game that has a full screen ad and not able to close it. That's my only issue and I'm pretty sure it's just the one I got and not all. I might try a different one.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones