1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Accessories Screen protectors

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by trophy2006, Mar 20, 2011.

1. trophy2006

trophy2006 Newbie
    None

Mar 17, 2011
    I just purchased a new HTC Inspire phone. I want to put an Anti-Glare screen protector on to help keep the screen scratch free, but also because the glare on this screen is almost impossiable to read in the sunlight. Can anyone recommend what brand anti-glare protector they think works best? Thanks.

Advertisement

2. Hrethgir

Hrethgir Android Expert
    None

Feb 16, 2010
    Male
    Intel fab tech
    Salem, OR
    Just so you know, anti-glare screen protectors generally make the screen look grainy. I originally got anti-glare for my iPhone, and after a week, I tore it off and got a crystal clear protector. An anti glare cover won't help you see the screen any better in sunlight either, it will just keep direct light from reflecting off it too strong. But the sun will still wash out the screen, only real way to counter that is to turn the brightness of the backlight up as high as it goes.

3. trophy2006

trophy2006 Newbie
    None

Mar 17, 2011
    Thanks for your advice about the Antiglare screen protector. I'm new to this site, but have been reading what others had to say. Most of them agree with you. I have the phone on an automatic setting for the brightness of the screen. It helps a little, but still having a hard time reading it in the sun. Looks like a lot of people either recommend the, Clairvue or Boxwave screen protector. They both seem to have there plus and negative sides. Maybe I'll just flip a coin. Thanks again.

4. WBeans

WBeans Newbie
    None

Mar 8, 2011
    I got the $15 Zagg cover.....honestly, I feel like I wasted my money, not as smooth on the screen, still gets fingerprints and I have 2 tiny air bubbles still. Very disappointed, should have just saved $15 and used the one that came with my case-mate cover

5. phonecelluser

phonecelluser Lurker
    None

Mar 28, 2011