1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Tips Screen Protectors?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by sniperwolf87, Apr 30, 2012.

1. sniperwolf87

sniperwolf87 Lurker
    None

Apr 30, 2012
    Do you guys use a screen protector on your prevail? The screen seems to be well strong. I dropped my phone face down on a tiled floor and not even a scratch.

Advertisement

2. Lordvincent 90

Lordvincent 90 ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
    None

Oct 5, 2011
    Male
    entertainer
    grand rapids,mi
    Ohhh, TRUST ME you can scratch it... Mine is ROUGH... Nothing deep but it looks like i took a Brillo pad to it... I would definitely invest in a protector, i know i wish i had done so earlier than i did

sniperwolf87 likes this.
  3. sniperwolf87

sniperwolf87 Lurker
    None

Apr 30, 2012
    Oh for real? How did you scratch it?

4. Lordvincent 90

Lordvincent 90 ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
    None

Oct 5, 2011
    Male
    entertainer
    grand rapids,mi
    Which time? The time i got out of the car with it on my lap and it slid across the parking lot? Or when it was in the same pocket with my keys and they got into a fight? Or the numerous times it has fallen from my hoodie pocket, landed on the ground and slid along the floor as it ejected the battery? And I'm not even getting started, this thing has even been underwater (briefly, but it happened, and surprisingly had no I'll effects) i will say it is durable tho... But still will scratch... If i had a camera (other than the phone) i would post a screen shot...

5. sniperwolf87

sniperwolf87 Lurker
    None

Apr 30, 2012
    lmao I use to get out of my car with an older phone on my lap. I had the habbit of doing that with my old phone. I did it several times, that's why I purchased a leather pouch with a clip to keep on my belt while I'm driving.

I like the rubber feel on the back of the phone. It does make it easier not to drop it.

6. NightThorn

NightThorn Well-Known Member
    None

Feb 11, 2012
    BoringTown MD
    I went out and got a zagg screen protector.best $20 I spent on this phone.

7. Rarewolf

Rarewolf Android Expert
    None

Jan 11, 2012
    Student, Unemployed, Electrical Trainee
    CaliFornia, Azusa
    the horrors!
    XD protect it!

8. wetbiker7

wetbiker7 Android Expert
    None

Jun 27, 2011
    Male
    USN Vet. / Certified Drug and Alcohol Abuse Counse
    So-Cal
    I use EZGuardz. Bought 2 packages 7 months ago. A screen protector is a MUST have. I don't leave home with out it. LOL.:p Two things that I bought when I got my phone, screen protectors and a phone protector.:D:D

9. kolosus

kolosus Android Expert
    None

Oct 12, 2010
    PA/NJ Usa
    I got a bunch of screen protectors from ebay. Like 10 for 3 dollars or something like that.

Get the cling wrap ones. They do not have the "traditional" glue to them and they dont stick to the screen... They're put on the screen with a bit of water (be careful) and they stay on the screen as long as they do not get yanked by something or another.

The plus is that those are not stiff and that's an advantage in this case as the Prevail has a slightly tapered screen along the edges. They have a grippy feel for the first day or so but you'll get used to it and after a while you won't even notice.

I got them at first because they were cheap but I was expecting the stiff sticky ones that you'd usually expect... was a bit miffed. Next batch I got the stiff sticky ones and realized that they're cool and all but they do not taper along the edges as the Prevail needs. So this time I got a bunch of them of the kind that I originally got, just a larger batch. I dont even notice the feel anymore. In case you haven't figured out I like to change my protector often... they're cheap enough.

Dont get this. Stiff not tapered.
    [​IMG]1X Screen Protector for Samsung Galaxy Prevail M820 | eBay

Get this...
    [​IMG]6x C. Skins Samsung Galaxy Prevail M820 Boost Mobile Clear Screen Protector, LCD | eBay

PS: I like to change my protectors often. Roughly once a month or so.

10. VoltronMaximus

VoltronMaximus Android Enthusiast
    None

Sep 27, 2011
    Male
    Milwaukee
    I used to have the Zagg screen protector, but didnt like it cause it was a "universal" size. Basicly it only covered the screen. While shopping at a mall a few months ago I came across a Boost Mobile kiosk and the had screen protectors made for the Prevail that cover the entire screen. The other good things were it was only $10, and the guy put it on for me in like 2mins.

They also had a bunch of phone covers. I bought the super deluxe one. Its a 2 piece plastic cover that houses the phone and theres a black rubber cover that goes over the plastic. It makes the size about twice the thickness of just the phone(which I like cause of big hands). And I am also constantly dropping it out of my hoodie pocket, but my Prevail still looks like its fresh outta the box:D