• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Screen quality in refurbished phones

markdoc

Android Expert
Jun 28, 2011
Suburb of New York City, NY, USA
I recently started having problems with my DNA Droid. I called Verizon to get a refurbished phone. Verizon has changed it's policy. I have never been grilled like that before. They finally agreed to exchange the phone. I got the phone overnight. When I turned it on, the colors were off. The whites were all off. They were a yellowish tan. It throws off all the colors on the phone. I called Verizon again and they sent me a second refurbished phone. The exact same problem. No pure white. When I called Verizon again, the tech checked the information on record about the phone. He found that they are using a different screen from when the phone was being produced. So if you have a refurbished screen, check the whites (easiest is in settings) If you've been with Verizon long enough, (13 years for me) and the whites are off, you may be able to get help.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones