• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Screen randomly does not work

On my Droid, when it is not being charged on occasion the screen does not turn on when I attempt to turn it on. I press the top button to turn it on and the led touch lights below the screen turn on and i can unlock the screen and do everything but the screen remains sleeping. Sometimes it turns back on after one try, but sometimes it takes 15 to 20 tries to get the screen to turn on. Does anybody know why this is happening?

Stock phone or custom ROM installed? Causes can change dramatically depending on which.

That said, I have noticed on occasion mine does the same thing, however I am rooted with a custom rom/kernel installed. I have decided it was mainly due to general lag (app or low CPU setting) on the phone itself as it happens randomly.

On a stock phone, I would also assume the lag situation, however it is most likely caused by a random rogue app. I would check into any app you installed around the time you started noticing this issue and see if uninstalling helps. I'd mainly look at apps that have syncing options, or run "fulltime".

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones