• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Screen randomly turns on - probably factory feature

inssane

Android Expert
Dec 17, 2009
Chi-Town
This has probaly been covered.
The mini lock screen (black with the round unlock before the main lockscreen) is nice because it shows me icons. It seems to turn on when I'm near it.

But it is incessant. I am sitting still and it's constantly on and off.
I only want to look at my phone if I have an alert during the day, it's like obnoxious false alarms.
Any input?
Nick

There is a special low power processor that manages this, so it doesn't use much power at all.

However, if you do not like it, settings->active notifications. Turn off the first option, "Active Display". The feature that shows an unlock icon periodically is called "breathing" but turning off active display will stop this. (It will also stop all notifications.)

It's one of my favorite features of this phone. I would never turn it off.

Upvote 0
Go to Settings | Active Notifications

Uncheck Active display to turn it off completely

You can also select the cog at Sleep at night and set a time range to turn it off.

... Thom

I agree that it's a great feature.
I sit on the couch or at my desk and slight movements, or randomly it comes on, I just find it to be a bit much sometimes.

The sleep at night feature is what I needed. I skipped over it because it sounded like it was for ALL notifications, not just active.
I'll try it tonight, I set the sleep function.

Thanks all.
Love this phone. Long way from my OG Droid, D2, D3, and OG Maxx lol

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones