1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Screen Reorientation lag on Honeycomb?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Walkop, Sep 3, 2011.

1. Walkop

Walkop Lurker
    None

Sep 3, 2011
    I recently purchased a Honeycomb tablet (ASUS Eee Pad Transformer) and noticed quite severe and really terrible looking reorientation for the screen. For example, if I try to switch from portrait to landscape and vice-versa, it can take upwards of 1.5 seconds; sometimes 3 or more; and when it does, it can take another 3-4 seconds just to reload the oncreen icons and widgets. Shouldn't the OS be able to figure out how to do this quicker, more smoothly?

Most of my quips with Honeycomb are aesthetic - poor transitions, mostly, and it makes for a much more uncomfortable experience.

I tried out other tablets at retailers but they have the same issue. Tablets from the Xoom to the Iconia A100 to the Gtab 10.1. Some have even worse lag!

Does anyone else notice this? It bugs me a lot; I almost never want to turn the tablet because of it :rolleyes:

I actaully created a bug report on Google's website - if you experience any uncomfortable lag please write in! It might garner Google's attention. (Android Forums won't let me post a link - I put the start in brackets if that's alright. If not, a mod can delete it.)

code.google (dot com))/p/android/issues/detail?id=19788&q=Screen%20Reorientation%20lag&colspec=ID%20Type%20Status%20Owner%20Summary%20Stars

Advertisement

2. Stuntman

Stuntman Android Expert

Nov 18, 2010
    Vancouver, Canada
    It takes about 1 second for me. I don't change orientation very often. When I do, it's at a comfortable speed.

3. bfksc

bfksc Android Expert
    None

Aug 29, 2010
    Canada
    Something is wrong with your device as my TF rotates immediately and redraws the sceen/icons within a second. I just rotated while typing this reply and it takes about 1.5 seconds to redraw the screen and keyboard. Perhaps a Factory Reset is needed.
    The TF is one of the faster tablets due largely to the lack of UI overlays...there's very little to slow it down.

4. carajp

carajp Member
    None

Jun 18, 2011
    Some wallpaper apps can delay screen re-orientation. Much as I love MultiPicture Live (as it's the only wallpaper app I've found that doesn't do horrible crops) it takes several seconds to go from landscape to portrait.

5. admob

admob Well-Known Member
    None

Aug 6, 2010
    Change the launcher to add launcher, looks v similar, but the instant smoothness is 100% better, why it isn't like this out of the box is beyond me...

6. admob

admob Well-Known Member
    None

Aug 6, 2010
    Adw launcher, doh!