• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Screen replacement phillips head screw driver recommendations?

decadude

Lurker
Nov 10, 2010
Ok, so this sucks went to radioshack and got a set of precision screw drivers that were $6 crap screw drivers. the one screw driver that kinda worked i have stripped two of the screws in the phone needing the new screen.

I need phillips head screw driver recommendations for the screen removal my torx screw driver did the job to get down to the screen but the remaining phillps head screws are a complete pain to remove they are in there super tight.

also as far as removing the stripped screws does anyone have a recommendation on this i was thinking i could drill them out with my dremel

need a good screw driver recommendation here thanks!

I have done about 25 droid screens and I am constantly taking mine apart to clean it.

I have been through 2 or 3 different sets of precision screwdriver sets, all different brands of P000, P00, P0, and P1 Philips heads. But, after everything, I end up using my Craftsman 41293 Philips, P0. Craftsman Phillips Screwdriver - No. 0 x 2-1/2 in. - Mfg# 9-41293

This screwdriver seems too big at first, but if you apply a good amount of pressure onto the screw and then turn, it works perfect, and the screws stay perfect for endless repair work.

Hope this helps. Also, these philips screws are used in most every phone that have them, so I would personally recommend just to go ahead and purchase that one. It will save you a LOT of headache in the end.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones