1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Screen Rotation

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Sunnysider, Jun 6, 2011.

1. Sunnysider

Sunnysider Lurker
    None

Jun 6, 2011
    Hi, I'm new to the Desire Z and in the process of setting it up 'just how I like it'!

One of the things which is bugging me at the moment is that whilst the screen rotates 270 degrees in some situations in others it will only go portrait or landscape 'top left down'. Is there a way to force it landscape 'top right down'?

The reason for this is that on occasion I use my phone to stream video either through BBC Iplayer or Vodafone Live TV. Both of which drain the battery pretty quick and both of which I like to put the phone down on something to rest against whilst I watch it.

My solution to the battery drain problem is to plug the phone in, but, when streaming video it will only go landscape 'top left down' which means that the usb connection is at the bottom of the phone and therefore is not very easily accesable if the phone is resting down on a table.

Within iplayer itself you can browse the menu 'top right down' but then as soon as you start to watch something it rotates 180 degrees back round! Very annoying!

I guess it is a similar problem to say wanting to play Angry Birds with the phone the other way round; it doesn't seem possible!

Any help would be much appreciated!

Advertisement

2. olbriar

olbriar  

Jun 19, 2010
    Male
    Land of Oz
    I think it is designed for the top left down only. The Dinc is the same. Welcome to AF. I hope you are enjoying the forums.

Tags: