1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Screen Scratches

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by ctcelliott, Dec 30, 2011.

1. ctcelliott

ctcelliott Lurker

Hi Guys,

I bought a Galaxy Nexus about a week ago and it's developed a small scratch on the screen which can be felt by your fingernail. This may seem like a stupid question but will the scratch spread so it becomes a much bigger and worse scratch overtime?

Thank you for your help.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. AndroidSPCS

AndroidSPCS Android Expert

It should not, but I would advise you put a screen protector on the screen to prevent future scratches.

I love and use PhantomSkinz, but there are many other options as well.

3. ctcelliott

ctcelliott Lurker

I'm going to buy a screen protector as soon as they become available at retailers. Since the phones just been released, none of the retailers stock screen protectors unfortunately so I just don't want the scratch getting any worse in the meantime.

4. AndroidSPCS

AndroidSPCS Android Expert

Here's one that's available: Phantom Skinz |Samsung Galaxy Nexus, cell phone skins, screen protectors, cases, covers, shields, full body protection

I use them and I can't recommend these highly enough. I use them on all my devices.

Most of my phones have never had a human finger lay any contact on my screens. As soon as I get the phone, I have my screen protector at the ready. Pull off the OEM wrapper, put the screen protector on. I get a bit anal because I'm paying hundreds of dollars for a device that I'll be staring at for hundreds if not thousands of hours, and I demand perfection and no scratches at all. :)

5. ctcelliott

ctcelliott Lurker

I know what you mean, its such a shame to get a brand new device and then to see it's scratched. Unfortunately there's not much I can do because I'm going to have to wait for the protectors to be shipped out or wait for them to become available at retailers.

Thanks a lot for your help and I'll look into the Phantom Skinz.

6. dan330

dan330 Extreme Android User

it is hard to scratch these glass screens. (sand and diamonds are bad for glass screens)

many times I thought mine was scratched.. felt it on the screen..
    but when I used a little wet nap.. and rubbed it hard... it came off!

5 htc glass screen phones.. no protectors... zero issues.