1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

General Screen scratching easier on S4 vs S3

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Kuhns787, Nov 22, 2013.

1. Kuhns787

Kuhns787 Well-Known Member

Oct 1, 2010
    Female
    Oregon
    I was wondering if anyone else has had any issues with getting scratches on the screen of their S4? My first one I had a couple of months before I noticed a scratch on the screen so I quickly replaced it but this last one I have only had it a little over a month and got one bearly noticeable scratch and one noticable scratch. I am very careful with my phones and always use a case and never drop them. I don't get it I had my S3 for 8 months and never got a single scratch on it. Was the S3 screen that much better?

Advertisement

2. lotus49

lotus49 Well-Known Member

May 9, 2011
    Male
    Yorkshire
    I don't believe that this is the case.

Both screens are made of Gorilla Glass (see CORNING

3. Kuhns787

Oct 1, 2010
    Female
    Oregon
    I am not sure that it is the same some how it seems different of course I could be wrong. I was just wondering if anyone else who has owned both has had any issues or noticed any differences.

4. Goodspike

Goodspike Well-Known Member

Dec 28, 2010
    Male
    Seattle
    I never owned the S3, but my wife and I have both had the S4 for about 4-5 months without any issues whatsoever. I would suggest you're probably doing something different (e.g. a different case) that you're not accounting for.

5. trucky

trucky Well-Known Member

Nov 6, 2012
    Male
    Asheville, NC
    I've had both, and never a screen protector for more than a day. I just don't like the feel. Never a scratch on either and I'm kind of a crash bang sort of guy.

6. Kuhns787

Oct 1, 2010
    Female
    Oregon
    I am using the same kind of cases as I have always used Tpu cases and with this last one I even went a step further and got a Balistic jelly case from At&t. So thats why I don't understand the difference. I am wondering if part of it is due to the tiny bit of differnce in the screen size taking it in and out of my purse. I just got a new purse to with the replacement phone so we will see if it makes a difference. But this is the first phone I have ever scratched the screen on and trust me I have had a lot of phones. :)