• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Screen Sensitivity

is there a way to adjust screen sensitivity..my coolpad doesnt seem to register half the time when i touch it...its a real pain in the arse when I text I constantly don't have buttons register

I'm not familiar with your phone, however, I've not seen such a setting in other phones. If it were something you can adjust, I'd expect it to be somewhere in the settings... perhaps under something like keyboard. I hope someone will chime in with first hand information. If the phone seems less than responsive in all apps and screens, it might well be the phone and would warrant a visit to your dealer. I hope you can get it cleared up in short fashion.

Upvote 0
is there a way to adjust screen sensitivity..my coolpad doesnt seem to register half the time when i touch it...its a real pain in the arse when I text I constantly don't have buttons register

I had the same issue with the phone. It isn't sensitivity issues, its a hardware issue with the screen. Unfortunately ALL the coolpad quattro's
have this problem, but, there is a work around.

If you're using a screen protector by all means LEAVE IT ON! you won't
have the screen issues. The downside is you'll lose functionality with the soft keys on the bottom. To fix that, you'll have to cut off the portion of the screen protector that covers the soft keys. Once you've done that, you'll be good to go without anymore issues.

Upvote 0

added some tweaks to the build.pro seems to have helped on mine when texting with no lag. you can download my copy of build.prop below if you would like. Hope it helps you.

use root explorer and copy make back up of your current build.prop
then copy this one to the /system folder.

Dev-Host - build.prop - The Ultimate Free File Hosting / File Sharing Service

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones