• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Screen Shot for Samsung Captivate on Froyo?

Hi all.. new here to the forums. Would like to start with a question introduction.

So, yesterday I installed the official at&t release of froyo onto my captivate and everything went smoothly.. cutting to the chase.. I believe I saw someone post that you can take screen shots now on the captivate with froyo.. is there any truth to this and if so... how do I go about performing a screenshot?

Much appreciated..

PS... Speedtest downloads on new Froyo Release show a 15.2 mbps dwnld
1.2 up and a very good ping.. I can definetly say the captivate is quicker with the froyo install

Not bad considering my computer downloads at 16 meg :D

Since I got 2.2, I accidentally took some screenshots. I have tried to duplicate it. When I researched, there was some chatter about holding the back key and then pressing the home key. It didn't work for me so I have no idea how to make it happen again but it may be worth a try for you

Upvote 0
Since I got 2.2, I accidentally took some screenshots. I have tried to duplicate it. When I researched, there was some chatter about holding the back key and then pressing the home key. It didn't work for me so I have no idea how to make it happen again but it may be worth a try for you
Extremely interesting stuff.

Are you using the TouchWiz launcher? Any secondary home programs installed and running (including QuickDesk or the helper app for WidgetLocker)?

I guess if you were able to do so accidentally, doing so on purpose is a relative possibility. Hopefully we figure out what the secret is here. (UUDDLRLRBAStart?)

Now that we know the process is there, could an app developer build on that?

EDIT: Actually... I just tested this out, and it works on stock 2.2. Features a "Capture from Notification" option. Donate version includes shake to capture. http://www.appbrain.com/app/screen-...omorrowkey.android.screencaptureshortcutfree#

Can't pretend I'm not a little wary of the permissions required. It would seem they're for the ads, though, as the donate version doesn't require those permissions.

Reactions: MickeyCee
Upvote 0
Did anyone take note of the app I linked to? It's legit. Used it to snag the screenshots for the home screen thread, saves in the "ScreenCapture" folder as though you triggered with the button combination. Figure it's better than tapping buttons like a madman, trying to find just the right mix.

I'm not likely to root until well down the line, so ShootMe isn't an option for now. Screen Capture Shortcut is legit if you're not looking to root. The first app I've been really excited about in a long time, even though all it really does is unlock a native feature.

Upvote 0
Did anyone take note of the app I linked to? It's legit. Used it to snag the screenshots for the home screen thread, saves in the "ScreenCapture" folder as though you triggered with the button combination. Figure it's better than tapping buttons like a madman, trying to find just the right mix.

I'm not likely to root until well down the line, so ShootMe isn't an option for now. Screen Capture Shortcut is legit if you're not looking to root. The first app I've been really excited about in a long time, even though all it really does is unlock a native feature.
That's a great app! It simply does what it says it does. For now I'm using the free version. I'm not sure I want the "capture on shake" feature but it's certainly worth the $1.20 to support the developer.

Upvote 0
I would like to see if anyone comes up with the way to make the com.sec.android.app.screencapture work.

I know if im looking at my running services, then hold back and tap home, com.sec.android.app.screencapture will become a running service, but still cant snap any screenshots. I can stop that service and start it all day long. I just dont know how to trigger it.

Upvote 0

Works perfect. Thanks :D

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones