1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support screen shot glitch

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by speed_freak987, May 31, 2011.

1. speed_freak987

None

May 31, 2011
    my phone repeatedly takes screen shots randomly when i hit the lock button, without pushing the back button. i thought at first that it may be a faulty back button, but i works fine. when it does take a screen shot randomly, my screen will not allow me to lock it for a little bit, (1-2 mins) does anyone have any ideas on what is causing this, or has anyone ever heard of this being a known issue?

Advertisement

2. LaTuFu

LaTuFu Android Expert
    None

Nov 10, 2009
    Project Manager
    Virginia
    Yes its a known issue. There are several threads in here that talk about it.

3. Ziphless

Ziphless Member
    None

May 26, 2011
    Yes, it has happened on my phone only when I deleted "screenshot" (an app from the market). I had to delete it from mySD card, and hasn't happened since for me.

4. speed_freak987

None

May 31, 2011
    i looked at the other threads that i could find related to screenshots, but they were all about how to take a screenshot, not a self-screenshotting-glitch, (pretty sure that's not a word, but it works) could you maybe help me find this thread?

5. Ziphless

Ziphless Member
    None

May 26, 2011
    I don't even believe this,2 hours after I posted earlier today on this post, I went to shut my phone and it TOOK A SNAPSHOP! This is my Third replacement phone and if I push this issue again, they would probably send me a fourth. I can't wait for the next update that is supposed to fix theses glitches. It makes me mad that the service techs seem to have no idea what we are talking about when we call for help. I just want the problem FIXED!

6. speed_freak987

None

May 31, 2011
    yes, this problem is very inconvenient, especially when it locks up the phone. I really hope they hurry up and release this update they have been promising

7. Ziphless

Ziphless Member
    None

May 26, 2011
    I was talking to my son and his girlfriend about this. They also have the mesmerize. They have this same issue, but never mentioned it to me. Just thought I would mention this.