1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Screen shuts off at call end

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by politzer, Feb 18, 2012.

1. politzer

politzer Well-Known Member

This is one of the most annoying things about this phone. Has anyone figured out a way to keep the screen from shutting off at the end of a call?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. jbdan

jbdan Extreme Android User

This is an interesting topic that has never gotten much deserved attention imo. Ever since the Eris (yes that long ago) the behavior of every Android phone I've ever owned (Eris, Inc, Bionic, GN) when a call is completed is different and random.

Even custom ROMs, that attempted to fix this (Cyanogen, AOKP, you name it), have never gotten it 100% right although I appreciated the efforts to correct it. They have options to "go back to homescreen" when a call is finished, but still no go. I've just gotten used to it.

I do notice that sometimes the randomness of how it acts can be somewhat consistent eg..if you make the call vs if someone calls you. There's no good answer that I can provide except this info. Just one of those quirks I guess

3. ANewDay

ANewDay Well-Known Member

This also happens after you make a call. I brought this up several times without much response.

4. sperho

sperho Android Enthusiast

Mine does not do that. The screen dims after a call, but does not shut off.

5. jbarhorst2

jbarhorst2 Newbie

I have the "On Call End" app on my phone and have it programmed to go back to the home screen at the end of a call I make or receive. I don't notice the issue on mine.

6. politzer

politzer Well-Known Member

Tried the "On Call End" app - unfortunately doesn't work. Still dims out and then shuts screen off, although now i have choices of where to go before that.

7. CharlzO

CharlzO Android Expert

Mine dims, but won't actually turn off. I am using the Dialer One app for my dialer, and it takes me back to my call history after the call is ended, and then dims. Have you tried other dialers as well? (I did try the stock phone as well, but since I have it always going to the call history screen, it does that with Dialer One again, and I don't really feel like having to clear all defaults at the moment lol)

Galaxy Nexus Forum

The Galaxy Nexus release date was November 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.65" inch screen, 5MP camera, 1GB RAM, TI OMAP 4460 processor, and 1750mAh battery.

November 2011
Release Date
Reviews