1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Screen size survey

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by mntbighker, May 20, 2011.

1. mntbighker

mntbighker Well-Known Member

I recently tried to go from the DX to an iPhone4 because I have an iPad2. I love IOS on the iPad for the most part. But the iPhone is a freakin joke compared to my DX. Even more so compared to DX2. But my question is... how many people think that the ideal screen size is actually somewhere in the 5 inch range? I would be quite happy to have the DX only with a 20 to 30% larger screen. This taking into account my failing vision and the fact a slightly larger screen is better for content consumption. This size device would still be quite pocketable. The larger screen would be beter for Nav which the DX excels at. The iPhone was joke by comparison with Google nav. The 7 inch tabs are just a bit too large for pocket and feel dorky held to the ear as a phone. A slightly larger DX would be about the scale of the PSP I think. I hope things keep heading in that direction.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. blog

blog Newbie

I have excellent close up vision, so I'm gonna have to disagree. I think the 4.3" 16:9 form factor of the droidx is the best yet. I like it better than the fatter 4.3" HTC phones. Now we just need that 1280x720 panel in this size :)

3. bsweetness

bsweetness Android Enthusiast

Take a look at the Dell Streak. It's 5". In my opinion it looks a bit on the ridiculous side when used as a phone because of it's size, and it's pushing the limits of pocketability. 4.3" is just right in my opinion, although I'd be willing to give 4.5" (like the Samsung Infuse) a shot. 5" is just too much for an everyday, carry in your pocket phone.

4. rushmore

rushmore Extreme Android User

I prefer the standard 16:10 of most phone displays like the Inc, TB and Charge. 16:9 is too thin IMO for a 4.3 inch display. If you mainly browse the web or play game emulators, which are 4:3, the display is smaller with 16:9. If movies are your main thing, 16:9 has advantages.

I wish Moto did 16:10, so everybody has their own opinion :)

5. jroc

jroc Android Expert

Someone's been reading my thoughts...

I cal lthe Streak a Phablet. Dell or the tech blogs didnt know whether it was a phone or a tablet. It didnt get settled probably until a week before or after it came out.

To me it still isnt settled....I will still call it a Phablet. I think the biggest I would do to is 4.5" I do know at this time I dont want anything under 4". It would have to be a very special phone for me to want it if its under 4".

6. mab43mcb

mab43mcb Lurker

I have a tb. Will Netflix work on it? I saw on another forum that Netflix wasn't working yet on tb.

Motorola Droid X2 Forum

The Motorola Droid X2 release date was May 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, GB RAM, Nvidia Tegra 2 AP20H processor, and 1540mAh battery.

May 2011
Release Date
Reviews