1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Screen sleep and security lock

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by SixHouse, Dec 22, 2011.

1. SixHouse

SixHouse Newbie

I have the display configured to "sleep" after 30 seconds of inactivity.

I also have a lock pin configured and it's set to automatically lock the phone 5 minutes after the phone "sleeps." However when I manually turn off the display by hitting the power button the phone locks immediately. This is annoying. I want it to wait 5 minutes like I told it to. Am I missing something here?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Net

Net Newbie

That's a problem for me, too. I set the screen to sleep after 1 min, to save battery. However, it also locks at that time. Most of the day my phone is on my desk. I do not want to hit the unlock every time I pick it up. No clue how to keep the sleep but lose the lock.

3. Lohung

Lohung Android Enthusiast

thats the way it is supposed to work i would think. Your hiting the button on the side which is in fact, the Lock Button

4. Net

Net Newbie

Yeah, if you hit the lock button. But I just let the screen timeout and that locks it. My preference would be to keep it timed out and unlocked. Not a huge issue, just a preference.

5. I have the same problem with this. I'm going to shorten the timing of my auto screen lock and try to stop using the lock button in most situations. I'm sure it'll take me a while to adjust but it's worth trying.

6. GoNe2heLL

GoNe2heLL Member

Have you tried nolock widget? That is what i use while i am at the office since the phone sits on my desk. It will disable patern or pin lock then enable it after you press it again. When lock is disabled screen goes off but it never locks so i can always turn on the screen by using the power/lock button.

7. Net

Net Newbie

I can set my phone to no lock screen, so it never asks me for a password. I'd like the phone to dim to black and not time out so that I can just touch the screen to bring it back.

I did find an app called "NoSleep" which does what I'm asking except the screen doesn't dim. I'm going to try it but my battery is already flinching.

Galaxy Nexus Forum

The Galaxy Nexus release date was November 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.65" inch screen, 5MP camera, 1GB RAM, TI OMAP 4460 processor, and 1750mAh battery.

November 2011
Release Date
Reviews