• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Screen sometimes recognizes only my S Pen, not my hand?

So I was using S Note and it suddenly switched to S Pen only mode when I got out of editing mode (I think, I'm not 100% sure when it switched). I couldn't toggle it back (pressing the button did nothing) and this wasn't just limited to the S Note app, I the screen itself only recognized my S Pen, not my hand, regardless of what app I was running or if I was on the home or lock screen. I got it to recognize my hand again by removing Evernote from my running apps (holding down the home button) and going to the same note but using the actual S Note app (which I assume runs within Evernote when you open a note from the Evernote app). This has happened before but I just turned off the tablet and when I turned it back on, everything was fine.

I just got the tablet (my first!), mind you, so please bear with me if this is a stupid/rookie mistake but I can't even find an option to limit the screen to detect only the S Pen besides when I'm in S Note. I got this tablet refurbished so I need to know if this is simple user error or something's glitchy with the tablet itself.

If it matters, I have a Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 running on 4.4.2.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones