• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Screen started coming off

ROBOCRIPPLE

Apr 9, 2016
I was in an appointment one day and while I was waiting I found out that my OnePlus 3 phone has the front panel popping out.

I wanted to fix it, I mean I've had it for only 2 years and it still works really well. I read somewhere that I need a special glue to glue the front panel back on. There are a few mobile phone repair shops in the town where I live. I'll check them out.

I'd like to have a new smartphone instead, I really liked the look of the Samsung Galaxy S8 when it came out, but I don't want to spend a lot of money right now. I want to keep using my OnePlus 3 until it really starts to slow down or when OnePlus stops supporting it, just like my iPad 2.

I purchased a refurbished S8 for $339.50 USD. The weird thing about this is when it was refurbished all of the bugs and Kinks everyone complains about was fixed or removed. And it actually functions like what you would expect a high-end device should perform.
Does it come with a new battery? If not, I'd rather buy a new Samsung Galaxy S9. I just want my phone to last longer.

Over half a decade ago, I had a Samsung flip phone handed down to me from an international student and after a year or so the battery started swelling and couldn't last any longer than a minute without an external power bank anymore. Then I upgraded to the Samsung Galaxy S3. I used it for 3 years, and by that time the battery started to swell, so I got a larger replacement battery from DX.com and installed Cyanogenmod and it was working well again. What I liked about the S3 was the removable back cover and removable battery so that I could replace the old battery with a new one when it runs out of charge and keep using the phone without having to plug it in. Kind of a shame that the newest Samsung Galaxy phones don't have that feature anymore, mainly because people have been buying external power banks, so that feature isn't really needed.

Upvote 0
Does it come with a new battery? If not, I'd rather buy a new Samsung Galaxy S9. I just want my phone to last longer.

Over half a decade ago, I had a Samsung flip phone handed down to me from an international student and after a year or so the battery started swelling and couldn't last any longer than a minute without an external power bank anymore. Then I upgraded to the Samsung Galaxy S3. I used it for 3 years, and by that time the battery started to swell, so I got a larger replacement battery from DX.com and installed Cyanogenmod and it was working well again. What I liked about the S3 was the removable back cover and removable battery so that I could replace the old battery with a new one when it runs out of charge and keep using the phone without having to plug it in. Kind of a shame that the newest Samsung Galaxy phones don't have that feature anymore, mainly because people have been buying external power banks, so that feature isn't really needed.

Yes everything is new on the device like it was rebuilt even a new replacement battery.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones