1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Screen stuck at Samsung logo

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by anytimej, Dec 14, 2013.

1. anytimej

anytimej Lurker

Hi.

I need help..please help me...

I have a Galaxy S2 (I9100). From this morning my screen was stuck on Samsung Galaxy Logo screen...you might be knowing of this error.

I came here and read the 2 instructions - to clear cache and to factory restore.
    So I formatted the phone by clicking on Volume UP+Home+Power button by selecting the restore option. The problem continued to happen. So I cleared the cache by clicking on Volume UP+Home+Power button.
    The problem continued to happen so I clicked on Volume UP+Home+Power button but this time it was no longer giving me the option to factory re-store or anything. It showed me some error in the same screen where it was earlier showing the option to factory restore, clear cache, etc. and then that error disappears in a few seconds and then the screen freezes again on the Samsung logo. So it seems like factory restore and clear cache has done more harm to the phone.

Then I cam across a video to flash the phone...My question is

1) Can I flash the phone after doing factory restore and doing clear cache and when I am still having the above error?

2) What is the use of Samsung kies when I am doing flash? Do I need to keep Kies open when I am doing Flash?

3) While doing flash...I am getting FAIL error always. I am using Odin3 v.3.07.

And now when I restart the phone it has the error: FIRMWARE UPGRADE ENCOUNTERED AN ISSUE. PLEASE SELECT RECOVERY MODE IN KIES AND TRY AGAIN.

But I cannot do recovery mode;..because I have already done factory restore and Kies does not recognise that a USB (phone) has been connected...but I don't know what to do after that. I am in a mess. I have lost all the data...and I still haven't got the phone back in a working position. Sad sad day for me. :(

Help me please!

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. immortalneo

immortalneo Member

Chill mate. Your phone is not lost. What you have now is a type of Download mode.

Answers to ur questions:
    1. Yes, you can. Flashing is the only way out when factory reset doesn't work.

2. Nope, you should exit Kies before flashing as it will interfere with Odin.

3. Try again after exiting Kies. And if it still fails, post the log that Odin generates after it fails.

Good luck!

3. hotnerd

hotnerd Lurker

have u solved your problem?

Samsung Galaxy S2 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S2 release date was April 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4210 Dual processor, and 1650mAh battery.

April 2011
Release Date
Reviews