1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Screen & Sunshine

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Deleted User, May 14, 2011.

1. Deleted User

Deleted User Guest

We've had abnormally sunny weather here in Ireland over the last month and I have noticed that the screen seems to be damn near impossible to see in direct sunshine :( Even if I try to shade the phone with my hand or a book it's still difficult. I've found I actually have to move out of the sunlight which is not always possible or idea.

This has also become a problem using it as my satnav...I've ordered a Tetrax Fixaway for my dashboard so I can move it down to the shade for using in the car.

But has anyone found this problem and discovered a work around?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate!
    VIP Member

You get Anti Glare screen protectors, I'm not sure how effective they are though?

But yeah, the screen is rubbish in this weather....

3. KingDong

KingDong Android Enthusiast

What's your brightness at?

4. Remordere

Remordere Android Enthusiast

Where I live, glare on screens is a big problem for me (damn sunny country) but like El Presidente said, just get an anti glare screen. Works for me. Make sure you turn up brightness till you can see it though. It sucks the battery though so use it when you really need to.

5. Spaceprobe

Spaceprobe Android Enthusiast

Have you lot worked out what the big bright ball in the sky is yet? I have found keeping the screen brightness set to auto seems to work and is not too bad on battery life. When using it as a sat nav I assume you have it plugged into the car power so you could even have it all the way up on full, and dont forget to remove the sunglasses ;-)

6. hocturnalsoul

hocturnalsoul Well-Known Member

I've never had a problem with auto-brightness on. Sometimes it takes a few seconds to adjust, but barely noticeable. :-D

7. BOZG

BOZG Member

Same. Chews through your battery though.

Though in fairness, Goreygirl might want to give it a second thought, looks like the weather has taken a turn for the worst today unless the Sunny South-East is keeping up to its name?

8. hocturnalsoul

hocturnalsoul Well-Known Member

Haha, it's been a weird one this week. bright but a lot of wind. had few spells yesterday, but looks like it's gonna be another bright one today. I hate it when it's raining and I get a call and get raindrops on the screen. Since my Hero somehow managed to get water damage from getting a very few drops on the screen, I'm worried it will happen to the DHD. I have insurance and everything is backed up, I just can't bare the idea of not having my phone for roughly 24 hours!

9. vid

vid Newbie

I use the brightness control widget and put it to full whack if I need to then put it back to what I usually have it on (the lowest brightness possible) it is a bit of a pain but I'm used to it now, and I think the UK has had its summer so I probably won't need to do it for a while. ha ha!

10. Deleted User

Deleted User Guest

LMAO... 4 seasons in one day at the moment seems to be the way forward :) But I live in hope that we will see the sun again as I got a bit over excited and stocked up on sun cream a few weeks ago!

I usually have my screen brightness on about 40% so will try the auto-brightness to see how that works. If that fails then I'll add an anti-glare screen.

Thanks for all the suggestions folks.

11. Remordere

Remordere Android Enthusiast

Lucky for you you're not in my town. You only have two choices in weather here: Skin burning heat or massive rain.

Be sure to keep tabs on your battery.

12. BOZG

BOZG Member

We pretty much get one choice - rain. We get sun once or twice a year.

13. BOZG

BOZG Member

Typically Irish! A bit of sun and we buy a shitload of sun screen and a whole new summer wardrobe!

14. Mitchturbo

Mitchturbo Well-Known Member

Auto brightness is the way to go now were getting very sunny weather :)

HTC Desire HD Forum

The HTC Desire HD release date was October 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 768GB RAM, Snapdragon S2 processor, and 1230mAh battery.

October 2010
Release Date
Reviews