1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Screen timeout not working

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by pcm0609, Aug 21, 2017.

1. pcm0609

pcm0609 Lurker
    None

Mar 9, 2017
    On my Moto g5 plus, no matter what I set the screen timeout to, my phone dims after about 10 seconds, and less than 3 seconds later just cuts off. It functions normally, but the screen just won't stay on, if I leave it idle for like, 12 seconds, the screen cuts off. It's really annoying when I'm playing a game, or trying to read a text, and my screen keeps cutting off unless I press it every few seconds. The only fix I found was to enable caffeine, but that gets annoying when my screen accidentally turns on and never shuts off unless I do it manually. Help!

Advertisement

2. kblanco

kblanco Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2015
    Male
    Have you tried looking at any other apps which may have control of the screen and when it times out? Example being my music player has controls for timing out the screen and I've had to manipulate them to keep the screen from staying on to long showing album artwork when playing music. But try contacting Moto on their Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/MotorolaUS/ as they're pretty responsive. Also consider a factory reset - Power and Volume Down at the same time - just make sure to backup your stuff first. You can also do it through the Settings menu but I forget the specific local for the selection... But a good reset is often a good way to clean things out and restore a device...