1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Screen Timeout reverts back to 30 Seconds

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by rag133, Apr 13, 2010.

1. rag133

rag133 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2009
    Has anyone else had this issue or knows a fix? I want my screen timeout to be 2 minutes. When i go to the Display options I unclick the button for 30 seconds, click 2 minutes, then exit. A little while later the screen goes off and I go back to the Display settings and it is back at 30 seconds again. It does not seem to go to the value I want but goes back to 30 seconds each time.

Anyone else have this?

Advertisement

2. s1ckGhost

s1ckGhost Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2010
    Retail
    Los Angeles
    I had that happen to me once. I honestly havent tried 2mins. but did try to never turn off. and I checked it again and it worked properly.

Idk what to tell you.. anyone care to chim in?

3. (G)

(G) Well-Known Member

It sounds like you've got another app that's overriding that setting or changing it back. Are you using a home replacement?

4. tnstra

tnstra Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2010
    Male
    Material Relocation Engineer (Truck Driver)
    Upstate New York
    Mine started to do that after I updated my ScreenMode Widget. I uninstalled it and now use My Lock with no more problems

5. Screenmodewidget was doing that a bit ago, then it was fixed and now the new update broke it again. I haven't installed the new update so mine is OK but if you updated (if you are even using it) that is your culprit right there!

6. rag133

rag133 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2009
    I do use the Screen Mode widget......and I updated it...so I guess that is the issue. Damn. Thanks for the info though.

7. Sim-X

Sim-X Well-Known Member

Jun 9, 2010
    Minneapolis, MN
    Glad I found this post, this is driving me bananas. At least I know what is doing it. I really hope they fix it. Using evo4g