1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Screen Timout app

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Manster62, Aug 29, 2010.

1. Manster62

Manster62 New Member

Aug 17, 2010
    Hi,
    Love my new Wildfire - BUT when I'm using Google Maps Navigation it would be handy to keep the screen turned on without having to go through Settings > Sound and Display > Screen Timeout each time.
    Have been looking for an app that would toggle the screen timeout - and they do exist - but they all seem to be unavailable for the Wildfire (the dreaded 'not found' screen!):mad:
    Anyway, just wondering if any of you had solved this problem. I thought I had found the perfect app - Screen On - which keeps screen on for apps specified by you - but Google Navigation isn't listed as an option!
    Any help would be much appreciated....;)
    Thanks

Advertisement

2. amg_1969

amg_1969 Well-Known Member

Aug 15, 2010
    East Anglia
    My screen stays on whilst using navigation, it does not turn off, the only problem I have is when I rotate the phone during navigation it goes into a text menu.

Andrew

I should add mine is as new, no apps etc added to the Wildfire

3. Manster62

Manster62 New Member

Aug 17, 2010
    Thanks Andrew - i have added quite a few apps - but don't know why this would affect the screen timeout in navigation. Very strange :eek: I wonder if anyone else can throw any light on this? :thinking:

4. Manster62

Manster62 New Member

Aug 17, 2010
    Hi again,
    Managed to find KeepScreen yesterday - which is just what I was after - working brilliantly!
    Thanks

Tags: