1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Screen Too Bright?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by iwoloschin, Dec 10, 2013.

1. iwoloschin

iwoloschin Well-Known Member

So I've been using the "auto-brightness" screen option since I got my phone, but I've noticed that in a dark room (like when my alarm goes off in the morning), the screen is extremely bright. I've tried manually setting the screen to the dimmest setting, but the auto-brightness already had it at 0%, and it's still really bright. Bright enough that I can't look at the screen with a light background until after I turn on some lights in the room.

Is there any way to get the screen to be a little dimmer? I'd prefer options that do not require root as I haven't bothered rooting my phone yet.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. ahjengmool

ahjengmool Member

turn the auto-brightness off, then set it to the level you prefer

3. iwoloschin

Uh...did you read my post? To be fair, it's a bit rambly, so I'll pull out one sentence.

4. Dennisjr631

Dennisjr631 Lurker

I had the same problem. In the morning the Damn screen burns my eyes. Even on low. I found a solution kind of. Just enable power saving mode. It's in the pull down toggle from the top of the screen. Hope this helps you.

iwoloschin likes this.
  5. iwoloschin

Ha, good tip. It makes me wonder why that's not just a standard screen brightness setting. Thanks!

6. Digital Controller

Digital Controller The Real Bass Creator

Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy Note 3 release date was September 2013. Features and Specs include a 5.7" inch screen, 13MP camera, 3GB RAM, Snapdragon 800 processor, and 3200mAh battery.

September 2013
Release Date
Reviews