• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Screen turns black when I make phone calls!

I'm having a problem with my phone. Every time I make a phone call the screen turns black and won't come back on. I can still hear the other person on the other line but I can't get the screen to work. Again this only happens when I make a phone call.

Someone please help me, how do I fix this?

Thanks.

I'm having a problem with my phone. Every time I make a phone call the screen turns black and won't come back on. I can still hear the other person on the other line but I can't get the screen to work. Again this only happens when I make a phone call.

Someone please help me, how do I fix this?

Thanks.

Its a known issue,

Your proximity sensor is very sensitive. It is located on the left hand side right next to the earpiece.,

Remove the screen protector, that should do it.
when you put another one, use a hole puncher to perforate a hole on top of where the sensor is, this will fix it.

Lets us know how it goes.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones