• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help screen turns off on calls but never comes back on

katone

Aug 8, 2011
left my phone outside overnight and LCD was acting weird the next day from the humidity, left it to dry and now it's fine again besides the fact that the screen turns off while on call (as if I have it against my ear, but it turns off even if its not against my ear) never comes back on. So I can't hang up, or push menu options when checking voicemails (cant erase my messages). Any ideas? Can I disable that feature so screen stays on while on a call?
thanks!

thanks to the forum I found the hidden menu and did a full check, got an error saying "proximity cal fail" in a red box, underneath in a blue box it says "block the sensor with your hand. Proximity: FAR" and finally on the bottom in a grey box "ALC sensor: N/A"

any help would be greatly appreciated thanks again!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones