• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Screen turns on in pocket

BobosCurse

Lurker
Jan 13, 2010
I've had my s4 for a couple of months now, but this issue just started last week.
I'll notice the phone is very hot in my pocket, take it out, and see that a calendar notification has caused it to turn on, but it never turns off. And the battery is half drained.

Does anyone know how to disable whatever is causing this?
Very annoying, because normally the s4 has incredible battery life, but with this issue, it's as bad as my Thunderbolt! Half dead by noon!

I'm not certain of this, but I think the calendar program is Samsung software. You might try downloading Google Calendar, or some other software, disabling the Samsung software, and seeing if the problem disappears.

I don't, however, have the problem with calendar reminders keeping the screen on, so maybe there's something else going on.

Upvote 0
I'm not certain of this, but I think the calendar program is Samsung software. You might try downloading Google Calendar, or some other software, disabling the Samsung software, and seeing if the problem disappears.

I don't, however, have the problem with calendar reminders keeping the screen on, so maybe there's something else going on.

this would be my guess also, I know the Samsung calendar notification WILL wake the phone up it actually produces a "alarm" like notification.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones