1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Screen turns on when my phone is not in use

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Lilac_Crusader, Jul 25, 2013.

1. Lilac_Crusader

None

Jul 25, 2013
    Hi,

A few times over the last couple of days my phone has been draining battery incredibly quickly over a very short period of time. Every time this has happened it has occurred overnight whilst sleeping and it appears to be the screen turning itself on and staying on, thus draining the battery (See attached screenshot). When I view battery usage, screen has taken up the majority of power used (>50%).

I haven't installed any new programs recently and haven't been doing anything out of the ordinary with my phone.

Usually I'm very good with my battery and can get about 4 days out of it if I'm lucky, as I tend to follow all advice about longevity. I've taken a look around the forums and can't find any people with the same problem - any help would be much appreciated!

Advertisement

2. kejlyCZ

kejlyCZ Android Enthusiast
    None

Jun 6, 2010
    Male
    occupied
    Planet Earth
    dontpanicbobby likes this.
  3. awoolf

awoolf Newbie
    None

Jan 22, 2011
    Are you having any other odd symptoms? (Does it reboot randomly, does it sometimes power on by itself when the battery is inserted, does the "Power Off/Reboot/AirplaneMode" screen come up sometimes?)

I had a similar issue with my Sprint GS2, and it ended up being a bad power switch.

My screen would wake with just the slightest touch of the power button. Eventually, the phone started rebooting, because the power switch was getting stuck on for ~10 seconds.

Here are some threads with other bad-power-switch symptoms. (It's a very common problem for all the S2 models):
    samsung galaxy s II won't turn on-vibrates | T-Mobile Support
    http://androidforums.com/samsung-ga...xy-s-ii-wont-turn-only-beeps.html#post5935972
    http://androidforums.com/samsung-epic-4g-touch/720544-galaxy-sii-sph-d710-power-button-issues.html

If it is a power button issue, you can replace it yourself for about $10 if you have the tools and skill, or send it in for repair for about $40. ([​IMG]Option 1 "GeekSales" , or [​IMG]Option 2 "MobileTechVideos")

Zangelir and Atma like this.