• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Screen unresponsive when plugged into Auxiliary Port

shadowfox1450

Jul 19, 2010
I hooked my phone up to a friend's sound system via auxiliary cable earlier tonight, but while it was hooked up, the screen became totally unresponsive. Tapping icons, swiping the screen, nothing. It did remain lit though. When the cable was unplugged the phone went back to working like the issue never even happened. Anyone have any ideas?

I hooked my phone up to a friend's sound system via auxiliary cable earlier tonight, but while it was hooked up, the screen became totally unresponsive. Tapping icons, swiping the screen, nothing. It did remain lit though. When the cable was unplugged the phone went back to working like the issue never even happened. Anyone have any ideas?

Happens alot with improperly grounded cables. I have seen that trouble on several of my recent phones. I dont think its anything to worry about, but it is a pain in the ass when you are trying to do something with the phone.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones